Can this person be disfellowshipped?

by tryingtounderstandjws 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tryingtounderstandjws
    tryingtounderstandjws

I saw this on YouTube and don't understand how he can make the statement, "I don't follow the Watch Tower" but I am a JW." If you are a JW, don't you follow what the Watch Tower says? here's link to his video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h95NtE7TbEw

• yknot
    yknot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h95NtE7TbEw

Yep....if he is called into a JC and is not repentant enough or the Elders want to make an example out of him.

• wobble
    wobble

There are a number of people around the world ,perhaps 1,000sands , who would call themselves a Witness of Jah or similar but who do not follow the teachings of men, especially really wacky ones based in Brooklyn.For a hint of the numbers see Elihu Books site the" interactive chat" section . This is run by Greg Stafford and he is building a new site at present, I hope it looks a bit more cheerfull than his present one!

I would not co-operate with any JC that wanted to pry into my mind or throw me out on the basis that I disagree with unscriptural teachings of the WT and I would threaten legal action if they tried to do so without my presence, not that i'm really in, i'm fading rapidly!!

Love, peace, happiness and well-being to all

Wobble

• asilentone
    asilentone

(never mind)

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

Ha! I've heard this before. A person has three choices: be a watchtower follower, leave the watchtower completely (with associated fines and penalties), or try to weasel your way around the Society (have your cake and eat it too). The first two can be permanent situations, the third requires a person to live as a hypocrite, living in two worlds simultaneously. The latter seems like the most difficult of the three situations. Hypocrisy will subtly destroy its possessor.

Carlos

• searchingforfriends
    searchingforfriends

My dad told me once that even if he wasn't affiliated with the WTS anymore, he's still a Jehovah's Witness and would still preach and practice the way he's "supposed" to.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I have seen a few of his videos, he is an active JW and tries to defend the WT against ' apostates ' on the net. On this one i think he said something he never really intended as the bulk of this video is in defence of the WTBS. A few people including myself has asked him to ellaborate but he refuses.

Paul

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Anyone that claims to be one of Jehovah's Witlesses has to follow the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. True, they might not get caught. However, if they are, the hounders are going to pounce on it. Then they are going in for a hounding session, which could lead to a judicial hearing if the person will not start obeying the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

I give this brother 5 years till he makes his way out, unless the despots throw him out sooner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit