Obama hits the critical number of delegates

by Hortensia 6 Replies latest social current

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

So I just heard on television that Mr. Obama has passed the critical number needed to win the nomination as the Democratic candidate. I thought it was interesting yesterday that so much of the news was about how Hilary Clinton could bow out gracefully, what could be done to save face. He's on television now congratulating Hilary R.C. for her hard-fought campaign. Well, she did make him work for it, didn't she? I don't see her in the role of vice president - wonder what's next for her. Try again in 4 years?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am disappointed.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hopefully Americans have heard enough of both Clintons and Bushes to last many years.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Obama ran the best-organized campaign, and that's a big reason he won. The Clinton campaign thought Super Tuesday in February would deliver the knockout punch, but it didn't. They didn't have their campaign organized for the later states, and Obama took about 11 states in a row, building up a lead that couldn't be overcome. The expected coronation of Hillary never happened.

• bigboi
    bigboi

Man, I've been saying this for months now. For all her race and gender-baiting HRC managed to run a really shitty campaign. Which I totally didn't expect. Let's not forget Obama totally shitted on her as far as the gift of gab is concerned. She was totally out-classed in this campaign.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I heard a Hillary-supporter (who happened to be an middle-age or older woman) call in to a Minneapolis talk show tonight.

She said she wouldn't vote for Obama, because he's a man -- and as such cannot possibly represent change (i.e. he's the same as all those other men who got us into this mess).

I'm not saying that's the mindset of all Hillary supporters, but there's some who think that Hillary's loss was all about her being a woman and blaming the media and 'sexist attitudes' for her loss, when in reality it was poor campaign strategy on her part.

Some Hillary supporters have the fear that there'll never be another woman positioned to make a strong run for president, that this is a once-in-a-lifetime situation. I don't believe that, and I think it underestimates the abilities and talents of future women who will also make a strong run for President. No doubt Hillary has pioneered the way for such women of the not-too-distant future.

• bigboi
    bigboi

That's the Geraldine Ferraro effect. I refrained from calling that lady a racist when her comments first surfaced. I thought they were elitist, smacked of entitlement and a little looney. After that op-ed though, I gotta say she's a racist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit