Letter to the governing body

by is there help out there 4 Replies latest jw friends

• is there help out there
    is there help out there

There is a girl at work who is a JW and she is righting a letter to the GB. I`M not a JW and she will not tell what the letter is about. After talking to her I feel it not any thing against the truth. I asked here if she felt guilty about putting monolphy money in the collection box and she lefth and said no. After two years I have her think. Can anyone tell what will happen to the letter and will she get a responce.

• fokyc
    fokyc

It will NOT be answered by the GB, providing it is reasonably understandable and not too provocative,

she will get at least an acknowledgement, whether she actually gets a substantive answer is debateable.

I regularly write to our Branch office and always get a reply.

fokyc

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

As mentioned previously, she will get an acknowledgment of receipt of her letter from the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society and her letter will be forwarded to her body of elders to be dealt with locally. I hope it's not about monopoly money in the collection box.

Carlos

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

Very often, JWs write letters to the Governing Body expressing gratitude for certain Watchtower articles or convention talks. It is likely that this is the nature of her letter. If such letters do not contain questions or requests for a response, the letters usually will not receive an answer from the correspondence desks. Mine never did.

Occasionally, letters written by rank and file members will find their way up to Governing Body members. If the letter contains a really tear-jerking story or an amazing personal experience that might be suitable to print in an article, staffers will sometimes forward them to the Body.

If letters do contain difficult policy questions that cannot be answered by lower-level staffers, they will be forwarded to the appropriate GB committee. Raymond Franz relates that the GB often formulated and voted on new organizational policies because of letters written to them by individual Witnesses.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I wrote to the GB about one of the sex abuse law suits where the plaintiff won, but somehow, courtcosts were to be paid by her and the society was going to hold her to it. I never heard a peep. I quoted stuff from their own magazines, etc. about what their policy was supposed to be. Not even an aknowlegement letter. Nothing, Zip, Nada.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit