workplace update

by alone 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• alone
    alone

Regarding my workplace drama....to update....Tuesday night I went to work, Gerry was there, I only said hello as he did, Vince came in 10 minutes before it was time to go home. I went into his office & asked to speak with him. I explained my point of view, regarding my expectations as far a treatment of employers/employees (see last post). I explained what I wanted & needed, he asked for 24 hours to think about it and or talk to Gerry. I said OK.

Last night I went to work, Vince called me in his office. Asked me some questions regarding my intentions, did I want to stay there, & some other things. Finally, he said let's talk about the other night. He talked to me about different scenerios regarding what could have set Gerry off, & he told me how much he needed Gerry to be there for him to help him run his business, I was understanding, because I do understand & appreciate his position. But I was firm in my resolve that the treatment I received was unwarrented, unprofessional, disrespectful & undignifed. I once again stated that I treat them with respect & dignity & I expect/deserve the same. He agreed..He told me that he had talked to Gerry & laid out my feelings. Vince said he didn't know what decision Gerry had come to regarding a public apology, but that he (Vince) wanted to give Gerry time to come to a decision. I agreed to that. Vince left the office. 2 hours later, Gerry came out of his office, turned to my 2 co workers & said "I apologize for my behavior the other night" then he turned to me & said "and to you -my name- I apologize & I'm sorry". I said I accept your apology & I appreciate your giving it. Thank you.

That was it. I'm so glad it worked out that way. It was a good lesson in trusting your own feelings...

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Good for you for taking a risk and standing up for yourself!

• hubert
    hubert

Well I gotta say, you got guts! I'm happy it worked out well for you.

That would never work with me, because I've been through almost the same thing already. I am still "lucky" I have a job.

But, I am to the point that I don't care one way or another. I just go in and do my work to the best of my ability, and whatever happens, happens. If I get fired, it's their loss.

I'll miss the money, but I won't miss the agravation.

I hope your work problem is completely settled. It sounds like it is.

Oh, and thanks for the update.

Hubert

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

loved the way you handled yourself. If more people were like you, we'd have less problems in the world. Thank you.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit