Abuse patterns& the WTS

by target 1 Replies latest jw friends

• target
    target

We have all read many times about how often being raised in an abusive family means we will turn out to be abusers or marry one. For
    many of us it goes a step further. We join an organization that
    protects abusers and commits abuse, itself.
    I was raised in a large family that showed no love or affection. My mother had a cruel streak in her. She knew how to cause great emotional harm with just a few words. I grew up to marry a man who had been raised in an emotionally abusive situation, also. He took over where my mother left off. Then we both joined the JWs. The result. of course, was no self esteem, no self confidence, a weight problem, health problems, etc.
    We are just recently out of the organization. My mother is dead. My husband went to counseling and mellowed considerably. And now I have found a web site that has been great help to me. It was recommended by someone who had been greatly helped by it also.
    http://www.emofree.com/
    It might seem a little far fetched at first for some. I have worked with acupunture and had been exploring "energy therapy" so I thought I would give it a try. I have been using it for several things with great success. It is not for everyone, but I figured it was time to share.

Target

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

Target,

Well done for leaving the organisation.

I hope your family situation now improves as a result of this. Your husband sounds as if he is making real efforts to contribute to this.

My exhusbands family are all JW's. His mother talks down to and berates his father, he has very little self esteem, and is not treated with respect, therefore their children picked this up. As a result, my exhusband was unable to display any real, genuine care and concern, because he had never seen it at home as a child.

Unfortunately I think the organisation doesn't help towards really improving family life - ie don't discuss problems, just keep them quite, sweep them under the carpet. Bit like how the elders treat those in the congregation - not out of genuine love and concern, just to keep things quite, and keep Jehovah's name clean!! Sick!!

Anyway, well done again and keep posting.

Nowfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit