My ex (JW) wants me to set up playdates for son with JW's!!!

by milligal 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• milligal
    milligal

Let me preface my story by stating that my ex put me through a 3 year long divorce (complete with private investigators and psychological evaluations) and 4 more years of custody battles until I ran out of money and had to concede and give our son over to him.

My ex called me about my summer parenting time coming up soon and wants to drive our son to my home town which is now in a different state then he is in. I said 'fine'. Then he asked me for a couple days of my parenting time so he could take our son to the local congregation and set up some playdates with witness kids! No, no and NO!!! I have been df'd for 8 years, never been back to meetings and my husband is in the military....we celebrate holidays! Is there any reason to believe I'm going to encourage my son to associate with witnesses??

I wonder if my ex is particularly abnormal or if other witnesses are so brazen....anyone care to share?

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

My ex is the same way. It's all about presentation for them and making them look like the "good guy" to the other JW's. We are the mean, evil, pagan mother's that are casting our children into the world!

There is no way I would setup play dates with local JW kids. When your son is with you, he needs to be with you! I'm not sure how old your child is; but he may eventually want to stay with you for good.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I am a mom without custody of my 10 yr old and she lives in Ohio with her elder dad (and JW step mom) and I am in NC. When I get her we do not do anything she would feel guilty about....but I would NEVER encourage the JW lifestyle when she is with me....or do anything to make her think I think the JW's are right about the way they do things. She seems to enjoy her freedom when she is with us.

• yknot
    yknot

Does the court custody agreement have this provision?

Personally I would contact a lawyer and have a letter fired off to his lawyer about your rights as a non-custodial parent. Setting up the proof of his pattern of control issues.

But if you don't wanna rock the boat....let him make the arrangement, you can cancel them later if you think the children are unsuitable. You never know, the JW parents might be closet apostates. Do not however let anyone treat you with disrespect.

Don't do anything you are not comfortable doing.

The only boundaries you have to respect are the ones found in your current court custody agreement.

Were you able to find any Asperger's support groups in your area?

If you really wanna chap his hide you could enroll you son in "Vacation Bible School"......my children love them, they attend them through various local churches with 'worldly' friends during the summer.....they have a blast.

• milligal
    milligal

What I told him (my ex) was that our son is too young to be put in this situation and we can talk more about it when he is old enough to make his own choice (like 18 years old!!!)

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

My answer would not only be no, but hell no. He's your child too..it's your time to spend with him. I would never let him decide how you should spend your time with your son, just like you don't tell the dad how to spend his time with his son.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit