Memorial Day.....To My Former Brother's In Arms

by nomoreguilt 7 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

In the United states of America, today is a day of remembrance for all of those who sacrificed their lives that others may live in the freedom offered by our country. Many people in our country take these freedoms for granted. JW's have no clue as to how their freedom to worship and to go about their daily lives in FREEDOM truly came about nor do they give the proper respect to those who made the ultimate sacrifice in order for them to do so.

As a Veteran of the US Armed Forces, I SALUTE ALL of my former brothers in arms and those who have given and continue to give their lives in order for me to have the freedoms that I cherish so dearly today.

I REFUSE to WASTE any time on this forum today to debate with ANY ACTIVE JW on the solemnity of this day.

Yesterday, I attended a major baseball league game and was PROUD to take my hat off and place it over my HEART for the national anthem.

Cherish your freedom my FRIENDS and show your appreciation in any small way

NMG

• Perry
    Perry

Thank you for your service NMG!

May God bless our men in arms.

• yknot
    yknot

....TY NMG for your dedication and service to our country.

For the JWD board consideration:

I would like to share something that has been going around our area for sometime as we are relatively close to Ft Hood. It is called Blue Fridays. It is the wearing of blue on Fridays to show support for the troops (regardless on opinion on war) until they come home.

Appreciative American

Yknot

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Thank you my friends, and may you all live in Freedom and PEACE today.

NMG

• AK - Jeff
  • poppers
    poppers

As we say in the Marine Corps, Semper Fi! Cpl. Poppers

• chickpea
    chickpea

to all who have served alt

spc 4 chickpea

477th Ambulance Co

5501st MSH (Mobile Surgical Hospitial)

88th ARCOM (Army Command)