Awkward Ex-Dub Moment

by MsMcDucket 5 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

It's like that candy bar commercial. The loud crunching blocks out what the person is saying as you think about the situation. After my daughter's graduation, people flocked out to the exits and into the halls of the stadium. Well, I flocked out with a bunch of Witnesses from my old congregation. The twins are Witnesses, so they were just mingling and hugging the other Witnesses. I was just looking. I saw one of the younger ones who's now a grown man with his children and holding a newborn baby. I didn't say anything. Man! I wanted to hold that baby and give it a look over! The young man's father was there and he looked me in the eye. I just nodded my head at him. What was I supposed to do? I didn't hate them? They have a big family; so it was like a big flock of them. Totally awkward!

What's really strange is that I remembered them as brother and sister so and so; and I remembered their children's first names. I said to my husband there's Brother So and So. Not there's "John Doe". Old habits die hard!

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

haha funny. i esp. like the part about the crunching. :D

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    haha funny. i esp. like the part about the crunching. :D

I guess that I should of said "Hello everyone!" just as if I no longer understand Dub rules! Than the awkward moment would of been theirs!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

you're not a JW anymore, so you don't have to follow their rules. If you want to say Hi, and tell me about the baby, go ahead. See if they have the guts to reject you to your face.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    you're not a JW anymore, so you don't have to follow their rules. If you want to say Hi, and tell me about the baby, go ahead. See if they have the guts to reject you to your face.

I should have! It would of been a "great witness" for the twins to see!

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

I always greet the witnesses anywhere they happen to be. As Hortensia said we are not witnesses anymore so we don't have to play their games. If I see them in our small town witnessing I always wave.

I am sure they are scared to come to this town anyway, where the well known apostates live! I am just trying to remove some of the tension.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit