A Judge For 4 Days

by Farkel 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

I found this PDF scan on Barbara Anderson's site:

http://watchtowerdocuments.com

It's a great read even though it was written by a card-carrying member of Babylon the Grape:

http://watchtowerdocuments.com/downloads/1940_Judge_For_4_Days_Rutherford.pdf

Farkel

• NanaR
    NanaR

Thanks Farkel!!

Ruth

• belbab
    belbab

Farkel,

Have you ever considered that da Judge called himself judge for additional reasons than his being a judge for four days?

Russell directed much of his attention to pyramidology and the exodus from Egypt. His role model seems to be Moses.

Judge R, considered himself to be a judge in the Book of Judges sense.

Look at all the books he wrote. I can't think of all the titles, Vindication was one. Deliverance another. Many of his books were themes from the old testament.

He considered himself a Samson, slaughtering the ennemies of Jah.

Can anyone post a list of books that he wrote, for confirmation

belbab

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Belbab, If you go to my website, www.watchtowerdocuments.com and scroll down the list of books and documents that are available on the site, the fourth item up from the bottom is a list I prepared for Karl Adams which contains the names of all the books and bklts that Rutherford wrote. (1991-List Watch Tower publications written by Rutherford)

Barbara

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

But Barb, your list omits Man's Salvation From a Lawyer's Viewpoint, (1906) and How Will Militarism Be Forever Destroyed? (after 1914, but undated). Both were published before Rutherford became "Queen for a Day, Days and Half a Day."

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Nathan, the list omits the two publications you cite because I never saw them at Bethel and didn't know about either until just recently. I looked in the Watch Tower Publications Index and I didn't see them listed there. (I could have overlooked them so maybe someone else can check too.) Perhaps someone has some information about why the Watch Tower organization doesn't recognize either publication as one of their's. Maybe they weren't actually published or authorized by Watch Tower. Nathan, do you have information about these early Rutherford books?

Barb

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Barb,

My apologies for the terrible mangling of your name in my earlier message (now fixed). You have my permission to call me "late for dinner."

The undated militarism booklet does have a publisher's note at the end that says, "These pamphlets 3ยข each. Address Associated Bible Students Historical Building, Norristown, Pa."

At the conclusion of Rutherford's "Man's Salvation..." booklet, it says*:

WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY,

"Bible House," Allegheny, Pa. U. S. A. British Branch:131 Green 3L, Forest Gate, London.

*I haven't seen a page image replica of this, just the text version produced by today's Bible Students.

• bereanbiblestudent
    bereanbiblestudent

Is it possible that the adress in the militarism booklet is from a Watchtower offshoot group?

It might be an early reprint.

It is however an original publication.

It might be the same building that was used in 1910 this is from the Watchtower of 1910 September

NORRISTOWN, PA., AUGUST 28

Morning Rally for Praise, Prayer and Testimony at 10 o'clock in Historical Hall, Penn St. and Public Square. Discourse for the public at 2.30 o'clock by Brother Russell in Grand Opera House, Main St., above De Kalb St. Topic, "Hereafter." Visiting friends heartily welcomed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit