its great having a free mind

by Ex-smoker 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Ex-smoker
    Ex-smoker

So anyways im still going to meetings cause of my folks, my dad mainly. But i stopped wearing the jacket, it is actually quite liberating. Ive also started wearing a chain with the NA( narcotics anonymous) Logo on it. When the bros ask what is it and i tell them the say "why are you wearing that to the meeting, I simply say "cause i want to". I also started wearing shades to the meeting, An elder asked are those perscription or are they just to look cool My response to look cool. Not being baptized they can do didily-squat. I truly am the black sheep of the flock Lol. On another note i always comment at every meeting so my mind dont turn to mush and i always make a very good point. Like this thursday during the bible highlights we were reveiwing john 8-11. I scanned it to find a scripture i liked and saw the begining of chap 8 which is in small print at the bottom because supposedly it was omitted from certain manuscripts but i think its because of its content. Any ways it was about the scribs and pharisees bring the women who commited adultery and how acording to the mosaic law she should be stoned. This is were Jesus say the famous quote "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" NWT( Let he who is sinless throw the first stone) so they all leave one by one and long story short Jesus forgives her. I mention this and tied in the splinter in you bros eye while you got a rafter in your own eye and said what jesus is telling us that before we judge others we need to do our own "self examination". I know the bro didnt want to call on my cause i was the jacket-less, rolled up slave, NA chain having, shade wearing black sheep, Of the cong. But i said what i had to say and i made all those stone throwing rafter having Judger's of others think. Unless they tuned me out. Not everyone can handle a free mind. :-p Peace

• White Dove
    White Dove

Welcome! Sounds like you're having fun. Wished I would have had a bit more fun with 'em.

• Ex-smoker
    Ex-smoker

I am Having tons of fun i try to make going to the meetings interesting otherwise my brain would turn to mush

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

I used to make similar comments, but eventually I just realised they were falling on deaf ears. After a while nothing could stop my brain from turning to mush.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

It doesn't sound like you want to be a controlled slave / salesman for the lying publishing house, good for you

Fear make their products sell , answer to that don't be fearful.

They have been playing god now for a very long time, its time to kick their useless ignorant asses to the curb for the sake of humanity.

• Terry
    Terry

I'm truly amazed you get called on.

The hardest thing for any doubter to do inside the Kingdom Hall is to not open up and insult outright what is going on. If you avoid doing that (showing disrespect) it makes you very effective.

You don't have any idea what a service you could be providing for others in the hall.

But, be vigilant. They NEED desperately to LABEL you as a trouble maker and a snotty nosed, rebellious youth.

You have to FIT into preconceived concepts they've been given.

It will be very difficult if not impossible to avoid slipping up and smarting off to them.

I wish you success!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit