The District Convention is coming to my town... aka Grand Boasting Session

by bluesbreaker59 7 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Ok, so while this doesn't really effect me since I'm DF'd, it still BUGS THE HELL out of me. I know their judgemental eyes, their cheap suits, and their equally cheap cologne (perfume) will be invading my downtown area soon. I'm not looking forward to this, because my girlfriend lives downtown too, and we enjoy doing things in downtown, and NOW, we're going to be dealing with traffic issues, long waits at restaurants, dealing with staring, etc. My town doesn't seem to like them around either, because for like 25+ years, they weren't having them here. But for some unknown reason this year they are invading downtown like cockroaches.

It seems that I've effected their downtown preaching work though. They used to be on the street corners, and in the hallways, then they saw me a few times passing in front of them, and I've had some of my friends ask them questions about end of the world events, etc. I don't question them or try to talk alot, I just glare right back at them, or sometimes I'll smile and say hi, they really dislike that. Anyway I heard from a friend that they moved to another part of the downtown skywalk system for their "activity".

I wished somehow that it would be terribly hot, and really sunny days, and the AC would go out on them, or that the city would protest them outside. I will be busy living life next weekend, and playing in my band, so it really doesn't effect me much, its just annoying to think about 5,000+ Dubs invading my town.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Yeah, I hear ya. The DC is held in my hometown for three weekends in a row next month.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The DC is held 100 miles away from here.

22 congregations within 25 miles of Knoxville yet the JW's have to drive to Johnson City and spend 3 days in hotels.

The DC used to be held in Knoxville until some udder brudders up in New York decided Johnson City was more conducive to generating revenue for a publishing company.

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

On my way to work today I saw people I knew from a different state here for the convention!

• loosie
    loosie

Get some poster board make a sign and attach it to the roof of your car. So when you go see your girlfriend they can read your informative message.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Go to your local novelty store & pick up a few boxes of those stink bombs. Get a few pals together, sync watches, go into the venue where the DC is being held and unload a few of those stink bombs at strategic locations throughout the venue during the drama. Sit back & watch the hilarity ensue.

Another fun thing to do at DCs is play "Poo Dollar". Put some fresh dog poo on one side of a dollar bill. Put the bill on the sidewalk, poo side down, and watch the hapless Dubs pick up the offensive bank note. Yeeeeeee hawwwwwww!!!!!

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

Low Key, I like the way you think!

And it just so happens I have 2 great poop makin dogs!

It would even be worth losing a dollar over!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The worst part is that they do not let people believe what they want to believe in peace. A gathering of Catholics is likely to be a congestion issue, but they are not going to push their Catholic views on people in the town. The witlesses, on the other hand, will try to get everyone with their wastes of paper.

They go out to eat, with their suits and embarrassment badges on, and they clog up the whole place. The servers are usually busy, and then they leave a waste of paper for a "tip". They clog traffic in the areas where the Grand Boasting Session is going to be, and they have those ugly washtowels and asleeps out the rear window. They hand out wastes of paper to people that just want to do regular business, and they do not stop until they give the person their waste of paper. So you tell them you are not interested--and the witless just behind the first one tries again. And the one behind that. And so on, up the whole fxxxing street.

Yes, I hope for a nasty heat spell where it is 100 and a dewpoint in the 80s, and very sunny with the air conditioner conking out. Or torrential rain that will make them get their littera-trash soaking wet, with a nice gusty wind to ruin their umbrellas. That ought to make it miserable for the witlesses to do street work without getting their wastes of paper soaking wet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit