Gobitas/Flag Salute Supreme Court Decision Question

by owenfieldreams 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

About 25 yrs ago, Walter Gobitas served the circuit that I was in as a kid--he was kin to the Gobitas' that were involved in the famous flag salute case that went before the Supreme Court. Anyone know if he is still in the circuit work or of his whereabouts? Just curious...

• owenfieldreams
  • blondie
    blondie

Walter Gobitis was the father of the 2 children in the case, Lillian and William.

(Gobitas on SSDI)

NameBirthDeathLast ResidenceLast BenefitSSNIssuedToolsOrder
    Record?
    WILLIAM H GOBITAS 17 Sep 192529 Jan 198953004 (Belgium, Ozaukee, WI)(none specified)120-28-4441New YorkSS-5 Letter
    Add Post-em
    Search Ancestry.com

NameBirthDeathLast ResidenceLast BenefitSSNIssuedToolsOrder
    Record?
    WALTER GOBITAS 24 Dec 190002 Jan 199029053 (Gaston, Lexington, SC)(none specified)162-24-1605PennsylvaniaSS-5 Letter
    Add Post-em
    Search Ancestry.com
    Click here to order a copy of the original record

I knew some of this family and was told that William had been negatively and profoundly affected by this experience and never was "strong" as a jw.

Blondie

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Blondie,

All I know is "Wally" Gobitas was a CO and served our congregation out in the Midwest back in the early eighties. He may have been a cousin or some other relative, but I do know for a fact he was kin to the Gobitas family in question because he told us so when he stayed in our home one time with his wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit