Questionnaire: Hypothetical Jehovah's Witness Nanny

by betterdaze 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

YOU are a born-in, baptized Jehovah's Witness female, early 20s. You are employed as a full-time nanny for a married couple of business executives who have a preschool-age child.

1) Is your first responsibility to Jehovah God and his earthly organization, or to your "worldly" employers?

2) Would you expose the child to "My Book of Bible Stories" or other Watchtower Society indoctrination? With/without seeking the parents' permission/input?

3a) Would you bring the child along in Field Service to fulfill your hourly reporting obligation, or to Kingdom Hall meetings? With/without seeking the parents' permission/input?

3b) If another Jehovah's Witness in good standing offered to watch the child (if only for a few moments, say, while you took one last door), would you allow them to do so?

4a) You are in an automobile accident and the child is injured. Serious blood loss. At the hospital, who would you call first: The Hospital Liaison Committee, or the parents/other nearby family?

4b) Would you purposely delay contacting emergency medical services or parents/nearby family? (This delay could "buy out the opportune time" and prevent the child from receiving a dreaded
    blood transfusion. "Wait on Jehovah." After all, the child may have a future "earthly resurrection hope" in the New System of Things.)

5) The Brothers ask you to report on the parents' personal activities and observe any business associates visiting their home. You have access to their opened mail, home computers, fax and
    telephone answering machines, filing cabinets, etc. It would be easy to take a look while the child is napping, or eavesdrop on discussions with their high-profile business guests.

They are "worldly" people who work for "wicked" corporations in opposition to Jehovah, and all will "soon" be destroyed at Armageddon anyway. Would you cooperate with this breach of privacy
    in order to further Kingdom interests?

This is a HYPOTHETICAL scenario. I am not asking what you would do now, as a disassociated, disfellowshipped or faded ex-Witness — but as a young and faithful, born-in, baptized Witness
    who wants to serve Jehovah with all her heart, and is in a position to help protect Jehovah's name-people from Satan's persecution in these Last Days.

Your thoughts appreciated. Please try to answer according to the numbered outline, and thanks in advance for your responses.

~Sue

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    1) Is your first responsibility to Jehovah God and his earthly organization, or to your "worldly" employers?

Give Ceasar's things to Ceasar and god's things to god. My responsibility would be to Jah and his earthly organization above any other.

2) Would you expose the child to "My Book of Bible Stories" or other Watchtower Society indoctrination? With/without seeking the parents' permission/input?

Yes I would expose the child to these materials. I would present them to the parents as harmless bible stories.

3a) Would you bring the child along in Field Service to fulfill your hourly reporting obligation, or to Kingdom Hall meetings? With/without seeking the parents' permission/input?

I would go in service on days I did not have to work or evenings. I would not feel the need to involve this child.

3b) If another Jehovah's Witness in good standing offered to watch the child (if only for a few moments, say, while you took one last door), would you allow them to do so?

Yes because I trust them but I would not be in the position see 3 a)

4a) You are in an automobile accident and the child is injured. Serious blood loss. At the hospital, who would you call first: The Hospital Liaison Committee, or the parents/other nearby family?

The parents as they are the child's emergency contact.

4b) Would you purposely delay contacting emergency medical services or parents/nearby family? (This delay could "buy out the opportune time" and prevent the child from receiving a dreaded
    blood transfusion. "Wait on Jehovah." After all, the child may have a future "earthly resurrection hope" in the New System of Things.)

No I would contact the parents immediately that is my responsibility as their caregiver. The child is too young to know better and god would not hold him/her accountable.

5) The Brothers ask you to report on the parents' personal activities and observe any business associates visiting their home. You have access to their opened mail, home computers, fax and
    telephone answering machines, filing cabinets, etc. It would be easy to take a look while the child is napping, or eavesdrop on discussions with their high-profile business guests.

No I would have said this wasn't their business if the parents were worldly. If the parents were unbaptized, baptized, inactive, etc then yes I would.

They are "worldly" people who work for "wicked" corporations in opposition to Jehovah, and all will "soon" be destroyed at Armageddon anyway. Would you cooperate with this breach of privacy
    in order to further Kingdom interests?

I would want to know how it was to further kingdom interests or if it was just people being nosy.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Thanks, Mysterious. Those are some honest answers and I appreciate them.

~Sue

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

BTTT for more replies.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would make damn sure to seek the parents' permission before teaching them the crap in the Washtowel littera-trash. While it might be OK, it might not--some of the material is quite graphic about destruction and not suitable for children under 12, especially in context of presenting it as reality.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Jehovah first!

Yes, I would (and probably count the hours as FS)

If the parents allowed me to take the child out anywhere I might do this.

Probably - I would trust them!

The parents or nearby family

4b) Would you purposely delay contacting emergency medical services or parents/nearby family? (This delay could "buy out the opportune time" and prevent the child from receiving a dreaded blood transfusion. "Wait on Jehovah." After all, the child may have a future "earthly resurrection hope" in the New System of Things.)

Definitly not. I think I would take tha approach that it is just a child, so Jehovah would not judge her for this.

5) The Brothers ask you to report on the parents' personal activities and observe any business associates visiting their home. You have access to their opened mail, home computers, fax and telephone answering machines, filing cabinets, etc. It would be easy to take a look while the child is napping, or eavesdrop on discussions with their high-profile business guests.

I probably would, if this was what was being called on me to do by the congregation.

Betterdaze - Can I ask why the questions???

• yknot
    yknot

Well I did babysit a lot as a teen for 'worldly' parents... Ephesians 6:5-6 5 YOU slaves, be obedient to those who are [YOUR] masters in a fleshly sense, with fear and trembling in the sincerity of YOUR hearts, as to the Christ, 6 not by way of eye-service as men pleasers, but as Christ’s slaves, doing the will of God whole-souled. The above scripture would set the tone of my servitude as nanny. 1. My personal responsibility/devotion is to J,Son,& Borg, my occupational duties are to my employers. 2. With yes, without no. Religion would have been discussed with parents prior to accepting employment. 3a Only if I had permission. If denied I have faith that Jehovah will make provisions.
    3b Well assuming I have permission to bring the child, no. It is highly beneficial for a young person to participate even if it is limited to observaitons in Field Service

4a) Parents

4b) No 5) No

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I could answer all the questions with one answer. I would see it as any other job, your employers wishes come first as long as it does not conflict with Jehovah's. You should have time off to do service work, meetings, etc. All these things should fit into your time, not your employers. If there was an accident of course a witness wouldn't delay in contacting the parents or emergency services. I do not see any dilemma in being a nanny.

Paul

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Bumping again.

~Sue

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

i would be afraid ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit