Army Turns on Intranet

by Satanus 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/

'The United States Army has flicked the switch on the world's largest Intranet -- a giant computer network that will connect more than 1 million soldiers, support personnel and veterans all over the globe.'

Isn't this similar to what the wt should be doing if it really had all that truth. Gods chariot like org is being passed by newer modes of transport.

• Missie Eff
    Missie Eff

You are so right SS.

Chariot? More like a Robin Reliant these days!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

If they'd just trust their own members, the JWs could be a great source of enthusiasm and innovation. Unfortunately they've still got a Cold War style model of the world running - a "them and us" scenario, with all information flowing to the top and all decisions being handed down from the top. A network of Dubs could be a formidable force, but unfortunately for the Brooklyn boys, the network IS forming, but it ain't on their side! LOL

"You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it."
    - Groucho Marx

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

HA-HA-HA,I`ve got to agree with you Stephanus!...OUTLAW

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Too right, Outlaw! The Dubs have had the occasional burst of innovation from time to time, but it isn't encouraged from the top. Some examples: the guy who invented the verticle record player for playing the Judges speeches in the door to door work, the mob that made software for keeping theocratic records such as the monthly total of hours spent in field service a few years back (who were told by Brooklyn to cease and desist) and the attempts by competent musicians to make the dirge like Kingdom Maladies palatable, until Brooklyn again pulled the plug upon this outlet of Dub creativity.

"You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it."
    - Groucho Marx

• orbison
    orbison

steph,
    was that about 10 - 12 yrs ago, i remember my x being asked to send in a tape of songs,,,for his voice,,,as he sang professionally, and we heard nothing back, either way,,always wondered about that

wendy d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit