Is there anyone who has experiences with FLDS?

by DazedAndConfused 2 Replies latest jw friends

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I know this is old news. For that I am sorry. My question is....are there people here "in the know" with this sect? But more than that....do you feel this is any different than what we have gone through as Witnesses?

• yknot
    yknot

This is all I know.....

A couple of friends who live out that way say they have only seen two women in town, both were led around by what they presumed was there husband, the women only spoke in hushed tones and pointed to items they wanted to purchase. Based on reports I assume these women were 'privileged'.

They are also wondering why more Mormons aren't volunteering to act as foster parents.

I think the whole idea of the Texas ranch was about the elite of the FLDS and an attempt at almost total isolation. Why in the hell Jeffs thought he could get away with this is beyond my understanding especially since that part of Texas don't take to kindly or cotton to 'strangeness'....ask any JW in the area for confirmation.

All in all most are pleased to have the place broken up (even though they think the state used a phony phone call) ....but they do admire the FLDS's ability to achieve such self-sustainment and the idea of days when society on large dressed & lived more modestly.

If you are in the area during the Fall, pick up some turkey legs......

I think the main difference is that they have brainwashing in the sense that they really are isolated and can be taken from their homes, and families at the word of church officials. We JW are conditioned to 'self-regulate' by living in the world but not being of the world. Leaving has consequences but no Elder is gonna show up at your door with a paddle for you skipping meetings. No elder is going to kidnap you and take you to Canada as punishment. No Elder is going to handcuff you for walking through town.

I have great sympathy for members. I only hold top officials responsible. The rest of them are like Don's book title "Captives of Concept" a concept that is permeates all of their existance. When you see the R&F FLDS protesting on TV it is no different then a JW defending the blood doctrine.....they are standing up to Satan and his corrupting influences.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

They believe that ....

• We will be like God when we die, they believe satans lie to Eve.
    • In different levels of Heaven and that we will be there with our famlies, which is why they make such a big thing of families and family trees.
    • That Jesus went to see the American Indians after he died in Israel, and to preach to the Indians in the same way.
    • That Jesus kingdom will be established in a Major city in North America, ( can't remember which one).
    • That their Book of Morman is the Bible Volume2, which tells about Jesus coming to north America

Regards The Lone Ranger (the real Lone Ranger)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit