Question about molestation situations

by dogisgod 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

If the society keep records on every committee that dealt with a pedophile, why don't the authorities either supoena them or storm the place with a warrant and confiscate the records?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

With all due respect, what makes you think the Society keeps records on every committee meeting regarding pedophilia? You do understand the teaching regarding two eyewitnesses?

The reason I ask is their hallmark is to avoid putting anything in writing wherever and whenever possible.

As for "storming", realize there must be sufficient cause in a particular case. Additionally there is the matter of separation of church and state, religious confidentiality and hundreds of years of history that makes authorities hesitatnt to act quickly, if at all.

Chris

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If I remember correctly, it took quite a bit of wrangling in court to get the Catholics to turn over similar records. Hopefully, it's just a matter of time before the same thing happens to the WTB&TS.

• yknot
    yknot

I believe the court alluded to that in the Napa case.

For the record every allegation of abuse (domestic, child,sexual) brought to the Elders are supposed to be reported to legal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit