Marriage vows Wt 4-15-84

by tfjw 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tfjw
    tfjw

For an article I am seeking page 14 of the April 15, 1984, issue of The Watchtower. This has the "wedding vows" on this page. This is referenced in the Pay Attention elders' book "The wedding vows that were puhlished in the April 15, 1984, issue of The Watchtower, page 14, and that appear in the marriage outline, S-41, should be used. These vows may be modified according to the local law, but privately chosen and worded vows should not be used."

If anyone has this I would really appreciate having a scan, the text or a link to where it might be found. I am in no hurry. Thank you.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Seems like the Washtowel Slaveholdery has to have its nose into everything. Follow their guidelines to the letter, disregarding the law and common sense, for something that should be quite natural. They are masters of creating problems where none should have existed.

• Atlantis
  • sinis
    sinis

OK, explain these vows, and then the double talk with regards to seperation that I have recently posted, and experiencing from the elders??!?!? WTS are full of assholes!!!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

"for as long as we both shall live together on earth according to God’s marital arrangement.”

Looks to me like there's a loophole. As soon as you're no longer living together, the marriage is history.

W

• sinis
    sinis

Your right, I didn't see that...

• tfjw
    tfjw

Atlantis, thank you VERY much! This will help in my research article tremendously.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

tfjw:

Your welcome! Let us know if you need more scans!

N.

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

Conform, conform, conform to everything we say - G.B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit