Chapter 2- 1975 -Excerpt from the upcoming book, "The Kingdom Hall No More"

by Kingdom Hall No More 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kingdom Hall No More
    Kingdom Hall No More

"So, the society was putting out that “1975” was the year that THIS SYSTEM OF THINGS WILL COME TO AN END, meaning the wicked were going to be destroyed. Discussions at Circuit and District Assemblies, and local Kingdom Halls were given. Conversations about 1975 were every day talk. I was hearing it but didn’t quite understand it. My mother stated to me “if you want to see your father again” this is the only true religion that gives millions of people hope for everlasting life here on earth. The earth will not be destroyed and all the people that died will live again. Jehovah’s Witnesses believe in the resurrection, millions would rise from the grave and live again on a paradise earth forever. My mother was telling me all of this right after my father died. I would constantly ask, “Mommy, you sure?” My father meant everything to me. To see him alive again was to me GREAT! I was only 7 years old. I started to think that when someone dies it was only temporary; everyone that died will be coming home in 1975. If this were true, my father would be home a year later after he died because my mother had gotten baptized and dedicated her life to Jehovah just in time. I was saying to myself that maybe this Jehovah’s Witness religion was the real thing. But then I had reservations. I thought to myself “why isn’t everybody a Jehovah’s Witnesses.” How come the Kingdom Halls were not filled to capacity from this belief? How come people were not trying to knock down the door to get in? I would think anybody in his or her right mind would want this type of religion because it was appealing. At the end of 1975, I remember asking my mother “Is my father coming back to life? What happened to the events that would bring daddy home?” I was very confused. My mother said nothing. I was listening to the TV and radio hoping to hear something. I was looking out the window to see if my father was going to be coming through the door. It’s 31 years later in the year 2006 and nothing has happened. So what did the society say? What happened? Why did the prophecy fail in 1975? What was the explanation the society gave?" — Daniel Chamberlayne

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

LOL, the society said "some people" go ahead of themselves in thinking 1975 was a marked date. The "Society" certainly never said so.

You were duped. Scandal bigger than Santa Claus. Very few to nobody even knows about the 1975 fiasco, if they remember they accept the Societies version of events.

Bring_the_Light

• heathen
    heathen

I remember some sort of change in understanding including an invisible fulfillment ,they stated that they now had an invisible spiritual paradise rather than than the paradise earth . Don't know if that's in any publications tho .I also read the explanation in the WTBTS publication that it was the R&F fault for starting the hype when clearly it was in the magazines that they didn't plan on being in this world post '75 .Even Rutherford had a millions now living will never die fiasco so how can they just blame the followers? Some sick stuff there.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Here's the first thread...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/158686/1.ashx

cheers!

h40

• knock knock
    knock knock

Just another of the Great Siftings. Anytime the society f's up thousands upon thousands of lives they award themselves a laurel and hardy handshake and say how wonderful it was to have yet another Great Sifting.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    I was only 7 years old. I started to think that when someone dies it was only temporary; everyone that died will be coming home in 1975. If this were true, my father would be home a year later after he died

It is very sad the expectations children are given. We believe, we want to believe this wonderful prospect of seeing our parent to only find our hearts broken by empty lies.

I think this should be a good book of your life's experiences. Held my interest on the first thread...lol

cheers!

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit