Is God just your "imaginary Friend?"

by Witness 007 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

When I had money problems I would pray to God for help.....I never got any envolopes with cash delivered to me anonomously.{like some Pioneers} ..unless I got off my butt and earned some cash my problem remained.....when I was sick I would pray to get well...but only the Doctor was any real help.....So I ask you, is Jehovah or God just your imaginary friend to stop you from feeling alone?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I never felt a closeness to Jehovah the way other Dubs claimed to. You know, the crazies who mentioned the name "Jehovah" every 2 seconds in their conversations. As a kid I prayed alot "forgive me for thinking this, forgive me for thinking that"- you know, the Big Motivator: Guilt. But I have always felt a closeness to God and the spiritual and moreso when away from the Borg. I'm not a believer in fate but then sometimes things happen that make you go, "Wow- I can't believe that just happened. It's just what I needed and this feels like an extraordinary event, not just an accident."

• reniaa
    reniaa

I always had a strong sense of a God and I believe him to be Jehovah, I certainly refer to him but probs no more than someone who believes jesus is God.

I would be surprised if anyone in any faith gets to MEET their God so faith is a biggy on this one!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

What concept of yourself reflects that god is in you?

The essential person that you are deep down is a life force that you can feel and connect to when you stop in a moment and tune into it.

But the mind has been trained to overtake it with all manner of knowledge. This knowledge gives you pain ( a depression or a feeling of oppression or some form of persecution by others). Each 'pain' becomes its own person within you, detached from the real you (in yur minds workings) but squashing the real you and preventing its emergence ( a pain body).

Also successes and ambitions will develop other personas within you forming egos.

If you can switch off the mind from all pain bodies and egos you will be with yourself for a while. You will be with the god in you. You will be in tune with all life in all things. You will feel part of the collective.

Your friend is within you. It is who you are and who will be around as your body dissolves (dies) as alive as when it first became aware of itself.

Where it goes to does not matter. Life is its own energy within all existence and you are a part of it.

Being more often aware of that in you and in others is the best you can hope to achieve. Being constantly aware of that is challenging for each of us.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Or, more properly, my very real enemy!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

A Sister gave my wife a Watchtower that highlights how we should "throw our burdens on Jehovah and let him take care of them"....yeah, like that will work.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Who?

• Renegade
    Renegade

I never really felt close to Jehovah. He was just the spirit who created our world who's going to get us through to paradise, I thought to myself. I really couldn't believe that he could possibly love everything so much. Like, he feels upset when a sparrow falls dead. That didn't stop from killing legions of people back in bible times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit