1918 The Heavenly Bridegroom-PDF (G. W. Seibert)

by Atlantis 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

1918 The Heavenly Bridegroom-PDF B=Bookmarked S=Searchable R=Reduced from 4-MB to 1-MB G. W. Seibert Poems ***************************************** Click the download link by the red arrow at the bottom of the next page. http://www.sendspace.com/file/njnxdr Tweety picture no.0503 Cheers! Atlantis!-

• garybuss
    garybuss

Thanks! Interesting, do you know anything about the author?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Garybuss: Gertrude W. Seibert was quite well known back in the Bible Student days for writing poems and songs! You can find several listings of G. W. Seibert on Randy's site.

• 1912 To Bible Students of All Denominations 2 pages
  • circa 1913 In the Garden Of the Lord 20 pages
  • 1917 The Heavenly Bridegroom Gertrude W. Seibert, 10 page tract
  • 1917 The Parable of the Penny G. H. Fisher, 6 page tract
  • 1919 CalamitiesWhy Permitted 32 page special mailable tract
  • 1919 Christian Science 14 page special mailable tract
  • http://www.freeminds.org/sales/wtpubs.htm#tt The name "Gertrude W. Seibert" also appears in Zion's Glad Songs For All Christian Gatherings 1908 etc. I would like to know more myself! Can anyone out there help out? I would appreciate it! N.
  • bereanbiblestudent
    bereanbiblestudent

Thanks Atlantis

She also wrote daily heavenly manna and birthday records and some of the poems in Poems of Dawn.

I remember reading somewhere she offert to renew Daily heavenly manna because it was used year after year like the daily text is now only there was one version with the same text. But the society did not want that because she was a woman.

• RR
    RR

She also helped in compiling the Watch Tower's Berean Bible, or BIble Students Manual. As berean stated, she is noted mostly for compiling the "Daily Heavenly Manna", the Society daily devotional.

In 1926 she put together a new "Manna" book, with and gave it to the Judge. He discarded it. He hated everything to do with Russell. Later that year the Society put together the Yearbook with their own devotional.

Gertrude Seibert left the Society (she worked at Bethel), not because they wouldn't publish her book, but because they had deviated so much from what she believed to be the Truth. She died in the 1930s.

RR

• tfjw
    tfjw

Seems the file has been removed from the site. No longer available.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit