shunning is so unloveing so unmerciful that it if practiced bible says you deserve death romans 1;;32 and entire chap

by poopie 8 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    2 the judgment is there stop shunning and Jehovahs burning anger will turn back continue and you will fall into the judgment of romans chap 2 .
  • poopie
    poopie
    That's for you writing department lurkers tell message to gb slave Jehovahs burning anger will visit bethel you do not respond to the kindly quality of God that is trying to lead the gb to repentenace and you who are writing this info an the service dept who are inforcing it stop while you still have a chance.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I didn't see anywhere in that chapter a mention of shunning.
  • rmt1
    rmt1
    There's got to be a chart or table that lists the shunning, excommunication, banishment, etc practices in general feature against the sum total population of that particular religion. I cannot bet that the Catholic church with its version of excommunication can shine a candle to the general catastrophic mental, emotional, psychological and other damage that results from WTS disfellowshipping/disassociation practice. WTS is holding your entire family and circle of friends hostage at gun point. If you seek to jump the Berlin Wall, they execute them. At this primitive level, you do not even have the capacity for open-mindedness. They are 'not even wrong' because you are not even able -at this primitive level of coercion- to evaluate claims. They *could be "wrong" if you *could do independent research and then choose to stay out of a cost-benefit rationale. (Recalling the Terry 'not even wrong' thread. Wrong means testable. WTS prevents testing.)
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Yea I didn't see anything specific to shunning... although I did read this which I took at supporting my pagan luciferian ideals

14 For when people of the nations, who do not have law,+ do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves. 15 They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts, while their conscience is bearing witness with them, and by* their own thoughts they are being accused or even excused. 16 This will take place in the day when God through Christ Jesus judges the secret things of mankind,+ according to the good news I declare.

• jhine
    jhine

rmt , I am not Catholic but I did read an article recently about the false ideas that people have about excommunication .In seems that someone who has been Ex'd is still a member of the church ,because of their baptism . They can still go to mass , just not take communion - hence the term excommunication I suppose . Also they cannot.have a Catholic burial . There is a way back from this ,but I do not know what it entails . Being ignored does not seem to come into it .

Next time Liz is in the Co-op I will ask her , she is Catholic.

Jan

• Jay Elle
    Jay Elle
    Seems like killing someone for shunning someone else is even more unloving and unmerciful. Gee whiz
  • SAHS
    SAHS

“Crazyguy”: “I didn't see anywhere in that chapter a mention of shunning.”

Romans 1:28-32 (RNWT) says: “Just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a disapproved mental state, to do the things not fitting. And they were filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, and badness, being full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, and malice, being whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, schemers of what is harmful, disobedient to parents, without understanding, false to agreements, having no natural affection, and merciless. Although these know full well the righteous decree of God—that those practicing such things are deserving of death—they not only keep on doing them but also approve of those practicing them.”

Maybe that passage doesn’t mention shunning per se, but, as you can see, the Unchristian terms which I highlighted above are all embodied in the process of shunning. (Just like with the WT’s argument against smoking – it’s not mentioned specifically in the Scriptures, but the essence of defilement and harming one’s neighbour would technically preclude it from being acceptable. But, of course, even in that case, nowhere does the Bible recommend actually shunning someone for that.)

• jhine
    jhine

Finally got to talk to Liz and I found it interesting . I mentioned excomminication and her first reaction was " I do not know what you would have to do to get ex'd ,it never happens now "

I asked if someone did something heinous enough to be ex'd what would happen to them . She said basically the same as above , no communion of RCC burial . she is divorced and would not be able to marry in a RCC church ,if she married elsewhere a priest could say that she was not allowed communion . What was interesting was she said she would challenge that and still go forward , asking the priest " would God deny me this ? " I found it amusing that a Catholic felt able to confront a priest , whereas a JW would not challenge an elder .!

I asked if the congregation would be required to shun the ex'd person like JWs do and she looked positively aghast " where's the Christian love in that ?" was the reply .

So JWs do not come out well in comparison with the RCC which is often seen as heavy handed and rule led .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit