Making restitution to People

by LongHairGal 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

The recent thread about being ripped off by untrustworthy JWs made me think:

Since many here are ex-JWs, I wonder how many are guilty and have made an effort to make restitution to that brother who you owe money to - especially if you find out that the brother is no longer a JW and maybe even is posting here?? This can also apply to other wrongs we committed, not just about money. In my case, I had to apologize for things I may have said.

Do you feel that just by being here as an ex-JW and speaking out about the faults of the religion lets you off? Just wondering...

LHG

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Long hair, Great post I was wondering the same thing, not just with money but people that EXJW's have shunned or hurt and especially like in my case connecting with family I never knew because as a kid we didn't get to see them because they were worldly.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I rather like the Jewish concept of restitution as a part of repentance.

http://www.crosscurrents.org/blumenthal.htm

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I would love to get a hold of a couple of those dooshes. Exjw or not I would get my money back with interest.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I only brought two in, my two wives.

That sounds bad, I only had ONE at a time and THAT was often too much!

They are both pretty lousy at the Failed Misery so they brought nobody in.

I got one out, ex-wife no. 2.

Ex wife no. 1 is still "in" deep down, but makes no attempt to act "in." Smokes, drinks, lives more in her online game World Of Wankers than in real life.

I did my part to undo what I done. I feel that where dubbyness is concerned, no debt that needs restitution on my part exists.

There are any number of non-dubs I feel very guilty about mistreating, and not all of that was in relation to being a dub myself.

I'm not always proud of who I've been and what I've done, but time marches on.

RD

• VM44
    VM44

"The recent thread about being ripped off by untrustworthy JWs ..."

I missed that thread. Can someone provide a link to it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit