My Beliefs on Spirtualism

by Vincent 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vincent
    Vincent

Hi All

It was suggested by someone to share my beliefs on spirtualism ever since I left the JW I no longer believe what the bible says. However I don't do things like The Occult or use a ouija board.

From the age of 11 I was interested in spiritualism through my brother who practiced out of body experiences, a lot of people have to see it to belive it really as many religions like the Jehovah's Witnesses says it is all work of satan aka Lucifer, fraud or hoax. Before I got mixed in the JW cult I was able to see people's auras (Energy shield around a person or object). My 1st time I heard of a spiritualist church was last year even though I am 28 years old. Just never heard of a spiritualist church. Again a lot of religion will say going there is worshipping satan as I don't believe there is satan. As with the fraud and hoax, I think that may be do with the people who been brain washed in the past to belive in the bible now made an issue of it all on the news and the internet. I know a lot of religions will say this is all evil. I dont think it is personally if we have these thoughts just before you really know

The services starts off with a prayer then hymn, then it goes on to the psychic medium(human telephone to talk from dead to living) which she/he picks a person out and reads them depending on the medium he or she can be very accurate with what they say from the dead to you. Also the church does provide healing, however if you have been in the strict religion like JW's you may get very nervous or anxious when recieving the healing.

On a thursday we do have a Spiritual awarness classes where you can become more senstive to the spirit and learn how u feel depending what is done in the class. This is mainly for those who wants to become healers or mediums.

I belive in divination as well, where you can use either Angel Cards or tarot cards I have both at home, I do also use a dowser which is a crystal hanging on a chain. To find a presence of a spirit by letting the crystal move in a wider or faster circle which generally means yes. Same if you ask it yes/no questions. Hold it over a picture it will have a reaction. You don't move your hand either.

Also I defently do belive in preconigtion or premonitions as I had many of these in my life especially thinking of my health condition and practically just keep seeing something resembled a brain tumour six years before I was diagnosed but I dismissed the thought as a worry but it was correct. Another precognition I was worrying about my girlfriend and was thinking she was in trouble, so I said to my chef I am going to see my girlfriend streight after work, after I finished work my girlfriend called me and was in tears asking me can I come strieght to her. I got to her, she was in the corner of the lounge crying because she thought she going to die. The last out of my lots of these was I was at work throwing out rubbish, my phone rang in the kitchen I was outside and kept having thoughts of my chef saying to me your phone had rang loud and clear, I walked in to the kitchen he said exactly what I just wrote I just said I know thanks and took the phone.

• Terry
    Terry

Hi All

It was suggested by someone to share my beliefs on spirtualism. Ever since I left the JW I no longer believe what the bible says. However I don't do things like The Occult or use a ouija board.

From the age of 11 I was interested in spiritualism through my brother who practiced out of body experiences. A lot of people have to see it to belive it. Many religions like the Jehovah's Witnesses says it is all work of satan (aka Lucifer)or a fraud or hoax.

Before I got mixed in the JW cult I was able to see people's auras (Energy shield around a person or object). My 1st time I heard of a spiritualist church was last year even though I am 28 years old.

Again a lot of religion will say going there is worshipping satan. I don't believe there is satan. As with the fraud and hoax, I think that religious people have been brain washed in the past to belive in the bible have made an issue of it all on the news and the internet. I know a lot of religions will say this is all evil. I dont think it is, personally, if we have these thoughts just before you really know.

The service starts off with a prayer then hymn, then it goes on to the psychic medium(human telephone to talk from dead to living) which she/he picks a person out and reads them. Depending on the medium he or she can be very accurate with what they say from the dead to you. Also the church does provide healing.

However if you have been in the strict religion like JW's you may get very nervous or anxious when recieving the healing

On a Thursday we do have a Spiritual awarness class where you can become more senstive to the spirit and learn how u feel depending what is done in the class. This is mainly for those who wants to become healers or mediums. I belive in divination as well, where you can use either Angel Cards or tarot cards. (I have both at home.)

I do also use a dowser which is a crystal hanging on a chain. To find a presence of a spirit, let the crystal move in a wider or faster circle which generally means yes. Same if you ask it yes/no questions. Hold it over a picture it will have a reaction. You don't move your hand either. Also I defently do belive in preconigtion or premonitions as I had many of these in my life especially thinking of my health condition and practically just keep seeing something resembled a brain tumour six years before I was diagnosed but I dismissed the thought as a worry but it was correct.

Another precognition I was worrying about my girlfriend and was thinking she was in trouble, so I said to my chef I am going to see my girlfriend streight after work, after I finished work my girlfriend called me and was in tears asking me can I come strieght to her. I got to her, she was in the corner of the lounge crying because she thought she going to die. The last out of my lots of these was I was at work throwing out rubbish, my phone rang in the kitchen I was outside and kept having thoughts of my chef saying to me your phone had rang loud and clear, I walked in to the kitchen he said exactly what I just wrote I just said I know thanks and took the phone.

My mother was in to all of this+UFO's!!

It gave me the creeps.

When I started reading about James Randi's investigations into the paranormal I started getting rational answers that satisfied me about what my Mom was doing and why it "worked".

It certainly sounds like a much more exciting and entertaining way of going to church than parking your butt in the local Kingdom Hall.

I won't try and debunk any of this. Why would I?

If you have any interest in reading another viewpoint by way of investigation by skeptics, do a search on JAMES RANDI.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Vincent

However I don't do things like The Occult or use a ouija board.

I have for some time (although having different beliefs) attended the Spiritualist church and quite enjoy my time there. I have nothing against spiritualism at all and its great you have found an alternative. What struck me as a little odd though is that you suggested you didnt practice the Occult!?

Divination (in particular the Tarot); Communion with Spirit; Psychic Development; Aura Reading are all occult and or esoteric - if you practice any of these things you are practicing the Occult!

Dont get me wrong, I am not criticising and I certainly have no problem with the Occult (being a practicing Druid) but lets call it what it is, theres no need to be ashamed.

Gary /|\

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I used to go out with a girl who attended a spiritualistic church on a weekly basis. It seemed to me that alot of what she believed in was just conjecture, she would listen to others and believe it herself. I find it very difficult to believe that spirits live on and try to contact the living. Many to me seem to go into spiritualism because they have lost someone close to them and want answers. I don't know if this is case with you? In my opinion it was with her, she hadn't long lost her Gran who she was close to.

Also, don't you find the spiritualistic church a bit cultish?

Paul

• Vincent
    Vincent

Thanks for that diamondblue1974. I didn't relise other things you mentioned there was classed as the occult. I must thought it just was only the ouija board that was classed as the occult which I don't do. So put it bluntly I do practice some of the occult. I am always reading or seeing someone's Aura and doing psychic development through spiritual Awareness. I do divenation with Tarot and Angel cards, Tarot can get negative from negative energy or give u a positive reading if you think positive. Answer to your question as well digderidoo, As you was asking if the spirtualist church was a bit cultish, I go there and not tell anyone my history or what I do. It comes out of the mouth of the medium as my 1st mesg was very accurate. How I went there was through my girlfriend just before I left the JW and loved it as it was my sort of thing that I did from 11 years old. My family will know my spiritualism in my life very well so I never really see a wrong or cult in a spiritualist church. To be honest after leaving the JW I had in mind that other religion is just to control people or as a scare tactics one of my friend who goes to a chrisitan church who just came out of the JW too from getting told off for not taking it seriously calls me a born again atheist. And Terry thanks for organising my post, How do u go about making Paragragh spaced out as I have no clue on doing so if u or anyone knows can they send me a messsage.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi Vincent

I'm one of those wierd people who stands up and gives mediumistic messages!

I like the spiritualist church. It has its problems, but it gives individuals the opportunity to develop their own contact with spirit and it also has a significant healing influence.

The church appeared at a time when the human race needed to widen their understanding regarding all things "spiritual". This resulted in some totally ridiculous things being done and some crazy charlatans jumping on the bandwagon. The churches history is chequered with silly happenings and expose's of fraudulent mediums. Amongst the chaff there is some wheat though, IMHO.

For a deep understanding of spiritualism and occultism, please read Dion Fortune's book of that name "Spiritualism and Occultism". She was both a talented medium and an occultist.

I enjoy giving messages because its often very meaningful for people. It also helps me develop my skills. I'm afraid I'm guilty of using the church to provide me with the environment where this can happen. At some point, I may walk away. Having said that, I have surrendered to the will of God in this regard.

Sirona

• catbert
    catbert

From another forum:

I think high dose mushrooms is still more spiritual then LSD, though that's only an opinion.

That spiritual awakening just makes me think "Why aren't we like this all the time, full of love, wonder and pure bliss??". Is there ANY reason why we can't be? Does it come purely down to a chemical basis?

If there IS a God, he should of created us in a perfect psychedelic dream state rather then our "normal" conciousness.

• Vincent
    Vincent

Hey to all Thanks for the reply, 1 thing that was very freaky in a spiritualist church, I had an argument with my girlfriend. The medium came to us, and said who has been in a argument, I dearnt to say I was very suprised but some 1 sat next to me also been in an argument so I left it to him. I do a lot of spiritual development and do read a lot of books on the Spirtual or psychic development and of course we all do perform occult by dreaming which I was puzzled with as we all do it, and occult that I would attempt any except the Ouija Board. I just Belive there is a god and what the bible says is some true and some man made like the devil or lucifer I think is man made. It is very strange how would a excortism (remove deamons) is classed as Occult and same goes to preconigtion I found spirtualism very interesting and I find it very less stressful.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Just don't allow the spiritualists to make you paranoid.

I've heard some rubbish - like burning red candles invites bad spirits etc. Sometimes they seem too worried about evil spirits.

I do think a person needs protection but if you pray and have faith, you are ok

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit