Demonic Possesion- people were just ill - so will Elders pray for my dog?

by Witness 007 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

SO SAD= The bible states that demonic possesion caused people to become ill....today we call it Epelepsy and Tarets syndrome. My dog had a fit for about a minute after which he was very agressive for a couple minutes...which freaked me out..the Vet said this is no big deal, no reason for it...so do you think I could call the Elders and convince them to Pray for him regarding his "demonic attack." ...remember Jesus "Legion demons" entered the swine, and I don't want him to run over a cliff, so what are my chances?....if they lecture me about "worshiping pets" I will throw them out! Would an Elder ever pray for an animal...it does have a soul!

• journey-on
    journey-on

Did you by any chance get your dog at a garage sale?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The witlesses do not pray for animals. They believe that, since the animals are going to die anyways and have no spiritual needs, it would do no good. I recommend throwing out the hounders anyways.

And, once the hounders are gone, I recommend finding a vet. There is a chance that the animal has epilepsy or some other disorder. There is also a chance of a brain tumor, and until that's ruled out, it could become a major problem. None of which the hounders are going to cure by praying for your animal.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Elders treat animals like felons on death row. They think that because animals will die forever that it would be a waste of time and energy to pray for them.

Come to think of it, my cat must have had mental illness. He would get so incredibly insecure when we were gone for a couple of days. One time, we had a neighbor checking in on him while we were away for a week. The cat went down hill from the day we left. It died while we were gone. There was a pattern of behavior that showed it was mental.

I'm sure that members of The Assembly of God church would pray for your pet. The church I went to was very warm hearted for whatever anyone needed by way of prayer.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    I could call the Elders and convince them to Pray for him regarding his "demonic attack."

This should prove interesting..........

lol

hope4others

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I realize that the original post was in a light hearted vein , but to set the record straight , J W 's are not so crass as to teach that epilepsy is demon possession

* it-1 p. 756 Epilepsy **

*On the day following the transfiguration, Jesus Christ healed an epileptic that his disciples had been unable to cure. (Mt 17:14-20) From his childhood this boy had a "speechless and deaf spirit" that, among other things, periodically threw him into convulsions; these were accompanied by foaming at the mouth. Jesus rebuked the demon, it came out, and the boy was thus healed.—Mr 9:14-29; Lu 9:37-43.Though demon activity was associated with epileptic symptoms in this particular case, epilepsy normally has natural causes, and the Scriptures do not imply that it is generally caused by demon possession. Rather, Matthew (4:24) reports that people brought Jesus ailing ones including "demon-possessed and epileptic" persons, drawing a distinction between these two types of individuals cured by Christ.

I have experience of this and of course their are many epileptics within the congs, taking their regular meds.

That is not to say that the dubs do have a very real perception of "demon possession" but they also recognize normal mental illness. What is the distinction? You tell me...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

BluesBrother......someone with Tarets or Epilepsy would have easily been called demonized by 1st Century Christians.......even todays Witnesses in some lands would struggle with this.

• 1914BS
    1914BS

uuuum .... be very careful here... your dog might have rabies!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit