What kind of issues/complications?

by Hoping4Change 6 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

For a JW facing the possibility of heart/open heart surgery, what kind of issues/complications do they face because of the blood policy? Does heart surgery mean that transfusions will be required, or are very likely to be required? would a JW be counselled by the HLC to not proceed with such surgery becuase of the blood issue? Thanks.

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

Sorry for the self- bttt, but I thought this may have been lost in the early morning posts as I dont see it in the category under which I originally posted it.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Does heart surgery mean that transfusions will be required,

Not necessarily required. I don't have documentation but know of several people (my dad included) who have had multiple by-pass surgery without blood.

Hope this helps and that more people will respond with stats and data for you.

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Ahh... Try a google search on 'bloodless heart surgery'.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bloodless+heart+surgery

You may find some reassurance in the variety of sources.

-Aude.

edit: Sorry. The link doesn't really work, so you will have to re-type in those 3 words to see results.

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

Thank you for the info.

• Balsam
    Balsam

My ex-husband a Ministerial Servant in NC has informed my son that Witnesses can now store their own blood prior to surgery and then use it for surgery. This must be something the Society allows but has failed to tell the rank and file and he is privy to simply because of him being in the past a favored Elder at one time. I have found nothing to prove what he says is true but I know that he would lie about it because we lost a child due to the blood policy of 2001.

So that would worth looking into and also you need to go to WWW.AJWRG.ORG, they cover all topics concerning blood and Jehovah's Witnesses. Hope this helps.

Ruth

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Ruth, the link isn't working for me.

Snoozy...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit