They Pray for Us to Return, and We Pray for Them to Leave

by BabaYaga 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

...ironic, no?

Notwithstanding the concept of prayer, I know some of us are still praying, and call it whatever you like: wishing, creative visualization, casting spells, planting seeds of doubt...

Why is us being right NOW and trying to convince people so vastly different from us THINKING we were right THEN and trying to convince people?

(Trust me, I know the answer, to a point, but please indulge me. What are your thoughts?)

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Criminy, kids! No thoughts? Nobody wants to play "isn't it ironic"?

~blink~blink~

• parakeet
    parakeet

Open, inquisitive, informed minds vs. closed, fearful, self-righteous minds. No contest.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger wants people to return because they lose their service and money unless they do. They program those in to think their lives are in imminent danger unless they do return, and hence they pray for them to return (playing into their trap). Those who are out see the real light, and want those humanoids running the Washtowel Slaveholdery to lose their power. We see them as a danger and a cancer to society, and want them to lose power. We also see people left in as trapped in an organization that is cutting them off from the world and from us. Particularly if family is involved, if they stay in, they will not be able to preserve the integrity of the families.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

I have been thinking about this topic for a while now. Yeah, I'll play. They are not praying for any of us to return. We are personanongrada. While we may be praying for some to leave, many individuals would not be welcome to our club either.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

It's different because we have a choice to go where they are with less consequences than vice versa.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I was not persona non grata. I know that my Dad was praying for me to return "to Jehovah" while he was alive. Well, he is dead now due to the blood issue. (And not only that, for some reason they always think that we "have left Jehovah" when we only left THE WITNESSES... well, at least at first.) I know that I was prayed for.

And I find myself now spending way, WAY too much energy working on ways to plant seeds of doubt in the minds of my beloved family still in. I feel like I am part of the underground railroad. It takes a lot out of me. I have felt my relationships with them suffering because I cannot overlook their choices. Doesn't that sound like something the other side would say of us?

I realize that what we have now are questions, and questions are always better than a lie that calls itself truth. Yet, the irony still exists.

They think they are doing the right thing. So do we.

There is no easy answer.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and discussion. I'm still giving it thought.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I used to pray, but I no longer do. Everyone has to walk their own path for whatever reasons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit