Blondie and/or anyone else who's able to help.....

by lavendar 9 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

In the 1970 edition of the New World Translation in Hebrews 1:6, it says, "And let all God's angels WORSHIP him." But the newer 1980 version of the NWT changed that to "And let all God's angels DO OBEISANCE to him."

Are there any other passages of scripture that the WTS has changed from the older NWT version (to fit their doctrine)?? Please help.....

Thanks so much!

Lavendar

• inthepink3355
    inthepink3355

Hi, Lav....I might suggest you check your red W.T. concordance if you saved one and you are concerned w/ just the word worship being changed .... 11 times in Matt, twice in Mark, Luke 24:52 ...John 9:38...Acts 10:25,....Rev.3:9. If your looking for other word changes let me hear from you. OK? PINK

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Hi Lavendar,

I would not trust using the WT library stuff --- too much religious propaganda there. The WT publications are used strictly to brainwash susceptible ones to the next level. While I admit I don't have an aswer to your question, I think you are in the right place to find an answer that satisfies you. There are many knowledgeable people here who know how to understand and use other sources for research.

For now, I feel I am "spiritual" but not "religious" --- so do not engage in religious research.

ESTEE

• lavendar
    lavendar

Hi Pink.....yeah, I'm looking for OTHER words/passages that they changed from the older NWT to the newer one.

Thank you, BTW, for those additional "worship/obeisance" changes in the other books!

Thanks!

Lavendar

• inthepink3355
    inthepink3355

Lav, I have a 1953 NWT and a recent one.....look for some changes for you...may take a little time. PINK

• carla
    carla

You could try here http://www.christiandiscussionforums.org/v/showthread.php?t=55472

or Google phrases like, is the New World Translation accurate, What do scholars say about the NWT, do jw's alter the bible, etc.....

• blondie
  • mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks very much Blondie

• inthepink3355
    inthepink3355

LAV....looks like you are getting all kinds of GOOD help. We all can depend on Blondie...she knows where the bodies are buried. Translating committee buried some in their footnotes....as in the case of their ever changing defence of John 8:58. Reminds you of the little ole lady that passed parking places and still wound up in front of the fire plug.....still hold w/ the impossible, "I have been" instead of, "I AM".

• lavendar
    lavendar

THANK YOU, EVERYONE! Will look these up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit