JW shunning of high school graduate-First card from JW-coupons for WT books

by Thechickennest 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Well, the first card my daughter got from a JW relative constisted of a blank card with two coupons for two WT publications. No kind words or a gift!

Needless to say we all just laughed! The second card we recieved the same day was from our former Pastor that has moved away. Nice card and a gift!

Our daughter is 18 years old, never baptized or associated with any congregation. Do you think my daughter should send Methodist coupons back? LOL.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Send a copy of Crisis of Conscience, along with a letter saying how much you look forward to the exchange of religious material about the WTS and JWs, and how much you(r daughter) appreciates the education which gives her such a great tools for reasoning things out and understanding them:)

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

JWdaughter:

That sounds very appropriate, and fair too!

• Layla33
    Layla33

That's just rude, sometimes silence is better if you just don't want to congratulate someone. I would send a copy of Crisis of Conscience.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Interestingly, my family wouldn't send cards to my son, who was DF'd just before graduation, and I've been out of the WTS for years. However, they don't hesitate to send me graduation announcements for their kids. I always just send a nice card and a check in return. I'm hoping that my acting decent toward them will help them think more nicely about "worldly" people.

My sister and her husband are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary next month. Everybody in our family has been invited to a big shindig for them, except for me. My Catholic aunt didn't think about it and asked me if I was going. I told her, No because I wasn't invited! But I'll send my braindead sister a card. Who knows, when the WTS falls, maybe she'll come running to me for support.

Redeem the coupons and ask for the specific WTs where the articles clearly stated Armageddon was coming in 1975.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit