Mothers are special.....

by lavendar 2 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

First off, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!

The Bible says we are to honor our mother & father. That's why I don't understand why Witnesses don't acknowledge their mothers on Mother's Day....and their fathers on Father's Day. Do they actually really believe that they would be guilty of idolatry?? How SILLY is that!?

I wouldn't dream of not remembering my mother on Mother's Day. The women who gave birth to me....the woman who raised me...clothed me....fed me....kept me clean....nursed me....took care of me in sickness....sacrificed for me....etc., etc., etc.

How UNLOVING and MORALLY WRONG for a religious organization to take that away from their members!! Lurking active JWs:....can you not see how very wrong this teaching is?

I'm going to call my mother right now and tell her how much I love her....and how much I appreciate her. Of course, I tell her these things throughout the year, but today is just a special day set aside for this purpose, and mothers everywhere deserve this recognition.

• real one
    real one

You have really hit a soft spot with me here! Today is the first day in 17 yrs that I have celebrated mother's day. I am cooking breakfast for my mom today. I have felt so guilty all these years. Well i'm blessed she is still here to accept my gifts and honor.

How UNLOVING and MORALLY WRONG for a religious organization to take that away from their members!! Lurking active JWs:.... can you not see how very wrong this teaching is ?

Oh believe me most of them celebrate it!

Those biscuits smell good!

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

I totally agree with you Lavender. Your mother is your best friend, she is someone who has always got time for you, will always listen to your needs, will always be there for you and will always help you in whatever way she can.

And what is wrong with setting one special day out of 365 to remember your mam with a card and maybe a gift or flowers? To not recognise/celebrate days such as these is another one of the WBTS cold & unfeeling policies.

LFCv

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit