Brother going baptist

by dogon 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• dogon
    dogon

I have a brother that was a witness for twenty years, All four of us left the Witnesses and for the most part are agnostic or atheist.

My brother that is going Baptist is going because of a woman, He has always had a problem with not having a personality of his own, He has a very bad temper and never knows when to shut his mouth, he thinks nothing of telling people the most hurtful things and does not see that he has stomped all over someone's feelings.

He is 33 and met a woman in nursing school in Wichita. They started to date and are now planning on a wedding after only one month. Another of his flaws, he is very impulsive and a sucker for anything that makes his ego feel good. He would rather buy a BMW than a Toyota because of how he thinks he is perceived by the purchase. This woman is a Baptist and has just gotten divorced from a man in Iraq in the army. She has two son's and the former husband is not to happy about the situation and is accusing her of having an affair with Scott before the divorce.

Scott is the type that is a bull in a china shop, he is acting like he is stepping into the "father" shoes, He keeps saying that he will stomp this little a$$hole in the ground, Scott has no aptitude to fighting anything not to mention a man who has had training in killing.

Scott has one other problem, he is what we call a camillion, he takes on the personality of anyone he is around, He also can only have one friend at a time, when ever there are two people around he will attack one and draw close to the other, he has never been able to get along among several friends at a time, he needs to be the center of attention I guess.

So because this woman is a die hard Baptist my once atheist brother is not a bible carrying thumper, He thinks because he has a couple of years in collage he is smarter than the avg. bear, and thinks he can think circles around me, I see though that he is trying to lead into his new way of thinking by telling me that he now believes in a supreme being. I can see that he is just following this person in his life with out question, she is a staunch Christian and he will follow with out questioning. While visiting our other brother in Myrtle Beach my brother said fuc% a few times and Scott jumped at him saying if you say that kind of talk in front of Donna I will kick you a$$ back to south Carolina. I thought for a min. that ww3 was here. My other brother let it die as he has not seen Scott for a year.

Is it me or does any one else see problems innumerable on the horizon?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Sounds like he's a sociopath with no conscience about his effect on other people. Yes, there will be problems.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Aah brotherly love.

• StAnn
    StAnn
    My brother that is going Baptist is going because of a woman, He has always had a problem with not having a personality of his own, He has a very bad temper and never knows when to shut his mouth, he thinks nothing of telling people the most hurtful things and does not see that he has stomped all over someone's feelings.

Hmmm. Sounds like your brother has the typical superior social skills of those of us raised in the WTS.

He sounds just like my brother's ex-wife's current husband. A real jerk. Some people can't be helped. He'll have to learn his own lessons. Unfortunately, the step kids will probably be wounded in the process.

Question: with this personality, is he able to remain employed for long?

• dogon
    dogon

He has had employment problems, he has always bucked the people over him and it has caused him trouble.

He now has a nursing cert. and he is in a profession that is in a lot of need, And he loves his feeling of "I save lives" which he even posted on myspace. His new 1 month old love is a staunch baptist, and she has told him that she will not change. My feeling is that she wants him to change.

Every one of his sister in laws hate him, he almost was thrown out of the condo of our brother we were visiting. He sent voice message where my wife had her voice that said leave a message, becasue we did not answer he left a message "I dont want to leave a message bitch" then he will act like nothing is wrong.

My personal thinking is he is bipolar. one min he is licking your boots the next he is spitting nails at you.

I would bet tomorrows milk money that when the Mr. Rogers sweater comes off he is not going to find it such a wonderful relationship.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    woman is a Baptist and has just gotten divorced from a man in Iraq in the army. She has two son's and the former husband is not to happy about the situation

She's pretty darn impulsive, too. It sounds like they may be made for each other.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

you need to move across the country from this person and lose his phone number. No good can come from hanging around an angry, violent, impulsive arrogant person who treats you with contempt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit