financial connections

by asilentone 7 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

It would not surprise me if there are some people that are still in the "truth" because of financial connections. For example, if the JW parents are very wealthy, I am sure the children do not want to leave the truth for that very selfish reason. Anyone notice that?

• Layla33
    Layla33

Honestly, not really because most of the JWs I knew were struggling financially, especially those that didn't go to college, worked jobs such as cleaning crews and such to devote all their time to the great JHOVA.

I only knew of one very wealthy brother, and he was heavily recruited to join the JW religion and he came when he wanted and didn't come when he wanted and he would never stopped giving money to his children regardless of what the organization told him. But that's only my experience. In theory I am sure that would hold true.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I have attended some upper class congregations, and I believe that can be true of some of them.

I have also attended some dirt poor congregations where 1/2 the people were on welfare and food stamps.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    It would not surprise me if there are some people that are still in the "truth" because of financial connections. For example, if the JW parents are very wealthy, I am sure the children do not want to leave the truth for that very selfish reason. Anyone notice that?

I think you are right 100%. There are some very wealthy dogmatic JWs that would leave every penny to the WTBTS if their children dropped out of the borg.

• asilentone
    asilentone

bttt-in case someone miss this topic. I am not seeing it in the friends section.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

asilentone, My wife and I were to inherit a large amount of money and property if we stayed in the organization from an elderly widow. This was a form of simony. We refused and left the organization that we spent 33 years serving.

Blueblades

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

A friend is going through a really tough time financially, raising her children on her own and going to school and working. Her family offered her a place to rent at a greatly reduced price, free babysitting for her children while she was at school/work and a car, BUT, she had to accept a bible study and go back to the meetings . Is the money worth it? No.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I have seen this in the West sacramento, CA congo, Foothill Farms, CA congo, and at the Laguna Creek, CA congo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit