Active and loyal JW's should use this forum to help them with their research.

by Esse quam videri 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

At BluesBrothers topic,

Watchtower Study today Jan 4 2015 , Fallacious Reasoning (issue Nov 15 2014),

millie210 made the following comment:

'...One of my favorite things on this forum is when someone dissects the study article on Sunday.

Given that they have a collective brain trust of writers formulating these articles, you are so right, that they ought to do better...'

This brings to light the effectiveness of a collection of people contributing to a subject. " In a multitude of counselors there is much wisdom."  Prov 11:14. I understand the argument that this is talking about receiving advice from godly people, however, the principle of using the minds of others to more correctly understand something or to expand a persons knowledge of a subject can also be supported by this proverb. The modern day equivalent would be,' two heads are better than one'.

Therefore, an astute JW could come to this site and ask for assistance in locating a publication or quote from a  publication on just about any subject and various members on this site would be more than happy to help them find it.  They may add their personal comments, which may cast the society in an unfavourable light, however, the JW could merely ignore their comments and benefit from the research of the contributing members. If i was an active JW, I would be requesting all kinds of information regarding subjects of my studies. I have no doubt that many members would forward worthwhile information to me.

For JW's reading this pay attention. You have your own, free, research department right here.

• confused
    confused
    I am an active witness and found many helpful bits of info on here for personal research. Much easier to locate than through watchtower publications

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit