Watchtower LOSES BIG on BLOOD in Court

by skeeter1 26 Replies latest watchtower medical

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    WT Legal put its bet on a follower who was illegally in Ireland, had a bad habit of lying, and ended up costing this Irish hospital alot of money. WT Legal placed the wrong bet, and lost. Now, WT Legal has to deal with a judge's decision that: (1) paves the way for coercion argumentss against the Watchtower; (2) sets up the criteria for "informed decision". The informed decision includes that followers be able to demonstrate that they understand the gravity of the no-blood decision (i.e. acknowledge they might just d-i-e). This means WT Writing Depatment should do better to warn followers of the "no blood" consequences; and to shoot straight on the medical information so followers don't look like baffoons in court. The WT Legal department also needs to pick better experts...one's that don't unwittingly testify for the Satan doctors who administered blood.

Good call, Skeeter. They shouldn't have backed her; she got herself into the mess by claiming to be Catholic.

Thanks for sharing the story, Skeeter. I really like that this will set a precedent for eventual freedom for the dubs....

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

bttt

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wow, time to sell another Brooklyn Hotel to pay court costs !

B the X

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

very interesting summary. So glad the judge saw through it all. Too bad the hospital has to pay all those costs - I read that it is about a million pounds. They ought to sue the WTBTS to recover costs. Of course that would mean spending more money on the case. Maybe a few cases like this will make them back way off from their stance on blood.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Anyone have an update on "The Tort Of Misrepresentation" about the blood issue. Wrongful death due to misinformation on blood transfusions that has caused untold deaths.

Blueblades

• M.J.
    M.J.

Great info. It will be interesting to see if this case let the coercion cat out of the bag. Coercion is well recognized by courts in a direct manner, such as by direct physical threat, but this treads into the realm of coercive persuasion. It would be huge if courts started to recognize that concept.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Ok, so I heard more or less from the horse's mouth just the other day that another lawyer has 'moved' straight into the legal department at headquarters, because the legal department is a very 'growing department' at the present time. I wonder why???

With results like these, you'd think some of the WT's lawyers might be of the 'apostate' persuasion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit