"Mamma, Mia!"

by Jimmer 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Jimmer
    Jimmer

If anyone is interested, Mamma Mia is good fun; lighthearted and full of memories for those in their 40's.

Just ask Gopher, we went to it last evening. Our ears are still ringing.

"Chow!" fellow co-compatriates.

• Gopher
    Gopher

This is a fun musical, and it makes for a memorable evening! Almost all the ABBA hit singles are in the score, along with a few new songs written exclusively for the play by Stig Anderson, a friend of Bjorn Ulvaeus (Bjorn is one of the "B"'s in ABBA).

This play is good for all ages! When the worldwide tour comes to your area, be sure to check it out.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Preston
    Preston

Being the ABBA fan myself... AHEM... I've heard nothing but praise about the new musical "MAMMA MIA!". In fact I heard it's almost impossible to get tickets for it in New York. I saw a right-up of it in the New York Times and there was a picture of a bunch of guys in the audience going nuts over this thing. I'll be sure to to see it when it comes out here...in three years.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Jimmer and Gopher,

Thanks for the recommendation and reminder. I, too, had read the NYT's review and wanted to see Mamma Mia if it toured in our area. Thanks to your post, I checked and learned it will be in our state in mid-June. Definitely going to see it then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit