I have a 2 GB file I would like to share with yall

by middleman 5 Replies latest jw friends

• middleman
    middleman

I know this is a BIG file but I've spent many MONTHS (close to eight, I was on disability during this time-nuthin but time on da hands) compiling information, writing essays, finding PDF books/scans, taking notes on books, and finding great EX-JW websites that are very helpful. I admit some writings of what I have in the file are not yet completed (due to A.D.D. and the wealth of info I have got at JWD hahaha) but I feel I have some really great stuff. I have yet much more "work" to complete. I have found at least 80 JW PDF books alone (many from the great folks on here, especially Atlantis and Cabasilas-spelling?) among much other stuff.

I would love to be able to share this with everyone, especially the new folks that haven't got the time to dig deep in research. I know there's some file sharing websites, but I'm not sure how they work and what they can handle as far as file size. This is just my way of saying thank-you all for everything. I know most of my posts/threads are questions and not comments, cause I'll let the experts weigh in on their knowledge/experience.

I'm a "scholar drummer" hehe of 20 years, and this where my expertise comes in. If you have drum/music questions then I got ya, JW stuff?..........nooooooot so much.

I really hope to get this out. Thanks for your help.
    Blessings........

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Thanks Middleman,

Thats very kind of you, Like yourself I'm not sure on the best way to send a file but I'm sure there are many who could advise.

• yknot
    yknot

Google "how can I send a 2GB file" and make a choice.

I look forward to your file!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Share it as a torrent. Don't ZIP it or anything. Build a torrent to share the whole collection. This way people can download only the bits they need or don't already have.

• middleman
    middleman

Missing Link I'm sure what you mean. Can you please explain further?
    Blessings....

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Follow the link in my post above -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_%28protocol%29

this explains what a torrent is and how to create one. Basically it's a peer-to-peer sharing system. You share your files for a while, and everyone starts downloading them. As they're downloading they're also sharing. Anyone can download from anyone else that already has a chunk that you need.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit