Buggers!

by lonelysheep 8 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Christ almighty. I'm working from home sick, trying to prevent my throat from closing up due to massive allergies. What do you know, a few minutes ago, the doorbell rang. I looked through a window to see who it was. We get a lot of ppl ringing the wrong bell. I didn't think it would ring a second time but it did. I threw a shirt on and open it, realizing the loud bell won't stop till I do. Two women say they are looking for my neighbor (I live in an apartment complex). I said, "She's the upper bell, you can ring that one."

Wit-"Well can I interest you in a magazine about the future of the world?" She started to pull an awake out of her bag.

Me-"No thank you. I'm actually disassociated and I'm athiest now."

Wit-"You used to be a witness?" (Big eyes on both of them, mouths wide open) She started putting the awake away (where they need to stay)

Me-"Yes." (Not feeling like explaining that I never counted as a wit in their eyes since I never dunked.)

Them- "Ohhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry to hear that."

Me-"I'm happy."

Them-"That's good. Well, hey, we all have free choice (as she walks away looking scared). That's what it's all about."

Other lady--"That's right."

Her tone changed to a shotty one quickly. Like inside, she was saying, "Well, suit yourself, you haughty bitch. You think you're better than us."

Them-"Have a good day."

Me-"You, too, thank you."

She never did ring my neighbor's bell even though I told them there were people upstairs. I did manage to inhale a torturing breath of fresh cut grass since the landscapers are outside. 3 more hours until I down a Singulair.

Inside, I was thinking, "Go get a f**king job!!!!!!!!! I'm WORKING from home and SICK!!!!!!!!!!!" I have life to worry about.

Those of you who still go out in service, I swear.....if it's at all physically possible, do everyone a favor and don't. No one wants to be bothered.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I think you totally flustered them, and they forgot why they were there, to ring the other bell.

Do you have any claritin or something you could take?

Cheers!

hope4others

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Sorry to hear you're illin', LSheep. Hope you get to feeling better quick.

Shoulda asked them about the intelligent design behind allergies! ;-) I know, I know... "imperfection"....

Dave

• changeling
    changeling

I thought your thread was going to be about snot. Or maybe it was...

changeling :)

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

If you were really sick you should have spread some germs on them

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

You know it never ceases to surprise me that some of these Witlesses are so astonished that some one could walk away from the so called truth.They think of it as something amounting to suicide, that's how nuts they are.They think they are so damn right.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I should've titled it, "Field Service Buggers"! :)

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I hate being bugged too. I am actually not a cranky S O B most of the time, but if I have to rise from my comfortable spot and answer the door for someone they better be selling candy, lotto tickets, or offering a plump female bottom for me to indulge myself with! (Yum, c'mon guys! What on this Green Earth is Better than a soft feminine body next to yours???)

I tolerate the local pentacostal evangelizers because they are at least genuine in their knocking efforts. I have run off the last two sets of witlesses that came a knockin in the past month. The last ones were from my old cong and they still think I am in. I got up, feeling like hell because I had to leave the softness of my wife's side and it is brothers Rice-Aroni and Baldy-headed-fu**. They were all HEY BROTHER! I asked what they wanted. They said they were out in the field and I said, then why come to a door where you know someone has already been baptized for more than 25 years? Go find the new sheep....! Dammit, I swear you guys come here just so you can say you went out but not have to actually do anything.

They got bugeyed and rice-Aroni turned beet red. They just left...LOL

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If the witlesses ever catch me while I am sick, I will do something to spread the germs (even if it is just an irritation or local infection that will not spread) and tell them that now they are going to catch my Spanish flu. And as many demons as I can send their way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit