Checking in with new friends...

by rache31 9 Replies latest jw friends

• rache31
    rache31

Hey, just wondering what's going on in people's lives. I'm doing okay and my sons are growing so fast it seems. Little by little my nonwitness family is getting the word that I'm reaching out to them. I've established some nice relationships with aunts, uncles and cousins that I didn't even know growing up. This has helped me too since I was so used to being around a lot of people. Not that the friendships I had in the hall were always sincere ones, but I did feel lonely when I first left. Last spring/summer was a rough time and I didn't really enjoy the vacations and things my husband planned for us. I kept getting so upset over the comments and views of the witness family. It overshadowed everything. I feel like I've come a long way since. Just wanted to share...Hope some good things are happening for other people too.

• rache31
    rache31

Hey, I need to hear something...It isn't all bad is it?

• TheListener
    TheListener

Sounds great Rache. Especially the part about reconnecting with aunts, uncles and others. Good job on being proactive and not letting a situation keep you down.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hello! Looks like you arrived here around the same time as me. Glad to hear your life is on the up.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm glad to hear that things are falling into place for you.

It takes a while; hang in there and keep us posted.

Sylvia

• rache31
    rache31

Thanks you guys. I know I still have a lot of work ahead of me. Being here has made it sooooo much easier!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Little by little my nonwitness family is getting the word that I'm reaching out to them.

Good for you. I've been learning that this process will take time but it is reachable. :)

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Glad all is going well for you. I am doing ok. My wife is still sick and getting sicker, but we deal with it day by day. I am almost ready to graduate from college and my son is getting better every day playing his guitar!

• rache31
    rache31

Thanks for letting me know what's up! T of H, that's great about college and I'm just getting started. Encouraging, though...

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

It kepps getting better and better rache. I did the exact same thing as you. I began reaching out to family that I had shut out for about 7 years, have reconnected and love it.

The best to you.

Quirky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit