"No aid to those who ban the flag"/WI...

by gumby 8 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

NO FEDERAL AID WILL BE GIVEN TO ORGANIZATIONS THAT BAN THE FLAG.
    WILL THIS BE THE NEXT LEGAL BATTLE FOR THE ORG?

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

when was that little law drafted?
    AFTER Sept 11, I bet. The government insisting everybody march in step
    and have uniformity of opinion

• QuietOne
    QuietOne

Does the WT really require any financial aid?

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

The WT will probably not "ban" the flag, just like they don't "prevent" their members from having a blood transfusion. Their members can do what they wish to do.

... Much like a robber with a gun to your head. You don't have to give him the money if you don't want to.

Path

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

Quiet one. Welcome
    You can speak as loud as you like here.
    Scream it to the HEAVENS

• QuietOne
    QuietOne

Gumby,
    Do you have a reference for your statement? I would be interested in the details.

• mmetz
    mmetz

It was stated today on CNN that they are Congress is pushing to pass a law that any organisation`s or groups that require there followers to fear flag waving will not be allowed to gain federal funding.
    Next the governing body will tell there followers that it is a conscience matter.

• gumby
    gumby

Jehovah's witnesses will handle this (in my opinion)the same way they handled voting. they will say we can't tell our members what to do,but they will hint at it strongly that a TRUE christian will stay politically neutral.
    Mmetz was correct in his post that cnn announced this. They simply said that any organization that banned the display of the flag would get no federal aid.
    I do not know if this would have any impact on the tax exempt status the WT has or not or if it would effect them in any way since I know of no way they are funded by the gov.

• mmetz
    mmetz

I thought all religions excepted Federal Funding from the Government ? And if the WT says they don`t except those funds because of who they teach they are, then I guess they shouldn`t be excepting Welfare or Social Security too.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit