Having Been Raised a JW

by ItsJustMe 4 Replies latest jw friends

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

Since I was a raised a JW, it was pretty much forbidden for me to research the history of JWs, outside of looking up the Society's publication.

However, if I had not been raised a witness and was introduced to the religion, it would have been okay for me to do some research. There would have been no repurcusions.

What is the wicked and evil truth they were trying to hide from me? How could I look at it otherwise than to ASSUME that there is a wicked and evil truth they are hiding?

Maybe if it wasn't the forbidden fruit I wouldn't be tempted to eat it.

• Grout
    Grout

Yeah kids tend to rebel, but early indoctrination is hard to shake.

--
    Chip Salzenberg: Free-Floating Agent of Chaos

• ballistic
    ballistic

On this subject, does anyone have a copy of the tract, Jehovah's Witnesses in the 20th century. THis tract was withdrawn because of it's frank discussion of their past, and the fact that the GB are constantly studying and researching for truth. A different slant to what you read in the watchtower.

• Grout
    Grout

I may have a "JW in 20th Century" ... I liked the treatment and the artistic presentation at the time, so odds are good I have one stashed away in a box somewhere.

--
    Chip Salzenberg: Free-Floating Agent of Chaos

• Mum
    Mum

Why not scan it so Randy, Kent or someone can post it on their site?

Thanks!

Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow. - Horace

I have learned to live each day as it comes and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. - Dorothy Dix

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit