Just had a thought....

by faundy 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• faundy
    faundy

Doesn't the concept of Armageddon negate free will?

It's like saying "You can do what you want, but it's my way or the highway"

Sorry if this has been discussed before, just sat at my desk, about to start work, and I had a thought.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

LOL no its still free will, even if the only choices are shitty.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Hehe, I've often said I believe God exists, I just think he's an asshole, so we don't get along very well. I'm not concerned about Armageddon, I just want God to respond to the sternly worded complaint letter I intend to serve on him before I die. God's got some 'xplainin' to do as far as I'm concerned. Such as, how exactly does the loss of this apple though theft by Eve translate into I (who isn't Eve, and never knew the bitch) am punished for it? Even if I do owe God for Eve's sin, why do I owe God more than the depreciated value of a 6,000 year old apple?

Its so retarded that I'm just assuming its not true. I don't know that, so i could be wrong. Now the question is if I'm wrong, do I really want to use my graciously granted freewill to play this shit? I think no, in such a case where Jesus jumps out of a cake and yells "surprise you're wrong" better start preaching the good news, I may likely still take the "everlasting destruction" option. You know if they've pulled this much crap, everlasting life with these jokers is going to be a terror.

my two cents

Bring_the_Light

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

.... and THAT is free will. Yeah, God, I'm sick of your shit, so that's a big negative on the narrow and cramped road travlin' deal you're offering me. Revise your offer and I'll consider my options.

Even a bible thumper would admit, yes, that can be done. I have free will. If I have a simple disagreement with the way god is running things, I can say so. There is no such thing as "must", only consequences. JW consequences aren't really so bad anyway, I dunno what all the fear is about. If you were up against eternal hellfire, now that would "put the fear of god" into you. I suspect thats why Catholics are so fond....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit