McDojo's Witnesses

by ColdRedRain 2 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I've noticed that JWs tend to shy away from debates. When brought on the table for a debate, they don't debate, but rather preach to others instead. I liken this to how a lot of fake martial arts schools teach their students.

I am an avid martial artist. I train at a moderately OK martial arts school. It's hosted in a megagym, which means the quality is watered down somewhat and the allmighty dollar is king (My last colored belt test was $115!!!!!!!) but it's still a great school system.

As a martial artist, I'm always seeking new ways, theories and philosophies how to fight and make my art very well rounded and effective. I've visited some GREAT schools, and I've gone to some really bad schools all in a quest to round out my art. The really bad schools are called "McDojos".

McDojos and the JW religion have lots in common. One is how they put emphasis on gaining members and signing up new members vs a quality martial education. McDojo students usually know very little about their art. They can't tell you the theories behind their forms, and they often mispronounce their art's foreign language terms even calling their art the wrong name (I.E., a Taekwondo student calling his or her art "karate" or an Aikidoka calling him or herself a "Jujitsuka").

Another is a promise of quick promotion. Also, another sign of a McDojo is how the McDojo disallows students from studying other styles and integrating other styles into their own personal fighting style. Still another is aggressive marketing techniques. And still another is quick promotion to high ranks that in most other schools, would take decades to achieve.

A Jehovah's Witness lacks any real knowledge of the bible despite their rote memorization of the bible. They know the words of the bible but cannot debate with you the actual meaning of the scripture. Any Greek or Hebrew words they learn on stage (A very rare instance) are horribly mispronounced, and they're often told the wrong definition of the words.

They are very aggressive marketers. They also quickly promote members to the higher ranks. You can become a baptized member of that church within a year. Also, they are STRICTLY PROHIBITED from holding any private ideas about religion that disagree with the main church.

And both McDojos and the JWs have this in common: They don't spar with other school's students. Which means no debating for the JW and no sparring other school's students for the McDojoist. They encourage you to join their school (or church) to "find out the way we do things" instead of debating (or sparring) with the students.

I'm trying to become an MA teacher. And I know I cannot ever be a quality teacher unless I teach my students how to defend themselves when their art is questioned. When I teach, I'm going to bring in moves from all various arts when I teach my students self defense to make sure if they're defending themselves, they don't break down and start doing memorized forms to defend themselves, but rather use their vast martial knowledge to make sure their opponent is defeated.

JWs do not teach people how to defend their "art" corretly. Instead, I see this from JWs when they're even cornered into defending their "art", they simply go through rote memorized scriptures, much like McDojo students go through rote, memorized kata when attacked.

Jehovah's Witnesses: The McDojo of Christianity.

• BBOARD
    BBOARD

HEY you got something against McDonalds

... just kidding your point was excelent and ON POINT!

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

I have to give you much PROPS for this thread. Your analogy was top notch! Watchtower witnesses avoid "sparring", because their understandings are incomplete, misunderstood, or ignorant. (Ezekiel 9:6) ". . .from my sanctuary YOU should start. . ." The great cleansing doesn't start with the "world" but right among those claiming to be "God's people", so there is no "spiritual paradise" until after this cleansing. (Revelation 2:2) ". . .‘I know your deeds, and your labor and endurance, and that you cannot bear bad men, and that you put those to the test who say they are apostles, but they are not, and you found them liars." Is the watchtower clean? Read Barbara Anderson's book: Pedophilia in an American Religion: Jehovah's witnesses in Crisis. Thessalonians 5:21 (Contemporary English Version) "Put everything to the test." Acts 17:11 (Young's Literal Translation) ". . .examining the Writings whether those things were so" Psalm 146: 3 (New American Standard Bible) "Do not trust in princes, In mortal man, in whom there is no salvation." 1 John 4:1 (The Message) "My dear friends, don't believe everything you hear. Carefully weigh and examine what people tell you." Does the watchtower encourage us to use our God given gift of independent thinking? Does it encourage what the Bible tells us we should do, and test out what they teach?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit