What do you need to make a YouTube video?

by Nathan Natas 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'd like to ask our experts what hardware and software they feel is best for making youTube video. Is familiarilty with the binary language of moisture vaporators a requirement? About how much would it cost to get the additional hardware, assuming I had a relatively modern computer that is power enough to do the job. I use a Leding Edge Model D. :)

• knock knock
    knock knock

What's your video source? Video camera, web-cam...vhs? That's your first obstacle.

==== sorry, I didn't see the Leading Edge Model D reference. Forget video. ====

:)

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

First, you need a video camera for your footage. I recommend one with a FireWire port if you are using tape.

You need a FireWire port on your PC.

Some video editing software, ie Windows Movie Maker if you are an XP user, or you can spend less than a hundred for Sony Vegas Movie Studio.

I usually convert my movies to wmv format, 500kbps for a tradeoff between compression and quality.

Then, you upload them to You Tube.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I use the "minimum possible barrier to entry" technique, which is to use the video mode on my digital camera (which gives me up to a whopping 10 minutes if my card is empty, but that's just right for YouTube). Then I use Windows Movie Maker, which is included in the OS for free, to put in the titles and transitions and export it to a compressed format.

Good luck!

SNG

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Apple packages iDVD with its Macs; all have FireWire support for video, still images or sound.

~Sue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit