Hate the "light gets brighter" scripture!

by oneairhead 7 Replies latest jw friends

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

I hate this scripture. And I hate that it is because of religion that i actually hate a scripture.

If you just read it you can see that it has nothing to do with religious enlightenment.

It has to do with a righteous persons way or path through life being better that one who is unrighteous.

Just Read It, dubs, lurkers, etc!!!!

just a short rant by, One.

• blondie
    blondie

Try to collect all the flipflops where the WTS changed to one teaching and then back to the old teaching; for example:

People of Sodom and Gomorrah being resurrected or not

The superior authorities being the secular governments or God and Jesus

Scream when raped or not

Organ transplants okay before 1967, not between 1967 to 1980, okay again from 1980 on

• Terry
    Terry

PRE-HOLY SPIRIT the enlightenment got brighter and brighter as man tried harder and harder to learn, educate himself and understand.

POST-HOLY SPIRIT the enlightenment was perfect and had no need of "brightening".

Jesus was the LIGHT of the world. It wasn't a DIM light that needed perfecting and brightening.

Jesus isn't an old-fashioned wash detergent that needs fine-tuning to bring out the pure white in your dress shirts!

The FDS don't understand God or his spirit and certainly don't look to Jesus for their light or understanding.

How many FDS does it take to screw in a flickering light bulb?

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Blondie & Terry,

Thanks for replying. I was beginning to think that nobody cared.

Eyore

One

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

With all the "the light is getting brighter" crap I heard from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, I felt like the lights were turned on when I clicked onto my first apostate Web site. And that "secret society" I joined to slap the Washtowel Slaveholdery in the face was like a giant, super-bright spotlight that washed out the Washtowel "light".

• AGuest
    AGuest

There is no such scripture, actually (may you all have peace!).

There IS the proverb (4:18) that states: "But the PATH of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established." And this is a true statement.

But "the LIGHT gets brighter and brighter" is a false teaching. It is one of the ways that this organization misleads those belonging to it, by "twisting" the scriptures and verses. Something they hypocritically accuse others of doing, while vehemently denying that they do it.

I bid you all peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It was a real revelation to me when I read the context of that scipture.

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Mickey Mouse,

Wonder where you are from?

One

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit