Savior Complex

by joelbear69 4 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear69
    joelbear69

I came down with a savior complex in my late teens and I still have yet to shake it completely. The idea that somehow I am supposed to figure out what is wrong with the world and try to help fix it can be overwhelming at times, especially for someone like me that suffers from OCD. I have found that they only effective way for me to handle this is to try and make things better in my small corner of the world. I need to do more of this. I think the more I do the happier and healthier I will be.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I came down with a savior complex in my late teens and I still have yet to shake it completely. The idea that somehow I am supposed to figure out what is wrong with the world and try to help fix it can be overwhelming at times, especially for someone like me that suffers from OCD. I have found that they only effective way for me to handle this is to try and make things better in my small corner of the world. I need to do more of this. I think the more I do the happier and healthier I will be.

I think I need to figure it all out, similar issue I think. At least your own issue tries to help people. I think it boils down to arrogance. Burn

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

I see it as being good and bad.

If everyone did their small part in making the world a better place, things would improve. No one person can change the world, it takes many.

But, taking on too much can be stressful, and seeing others in the world doing the opposite to what you want can be aggrevating. People may have different ideas on how to help- some think if everyone went to church life would be better for all of us, others think abandoning religion would be better. Good intentions can clash.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think that it speaks more about the needs of the savior, than the needs of the many. People have a need to feel good about themselves. Helping others provides that.

Sometimes people w this complex have helped, and sometimes, they have done a lot of damage. History has many examples of both.

S

• real one
    real one

I think the best way we can help people is to tell them about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ so that they may learn of his grace as we have and so that they may receive the gift as many of us have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit