Kingdom Hall turned into Catholic Church

by NanaR 6 Replies latest jw friends

• NanaR
  • Latte
    Latte

Interesting!

Would be good to have a picture of it before too! LOL

What a change to have the cross put their..ha ha ha!

The people were eager to move forward. Shortly after Father Perales arrived, renovations on the Shelton Road building began. The priest said the people were very generous with their time and other contributions, and the former Jehovah’s Witness hall began taking on the characteristics of a Maronite church: Two side rooms were combined to make a large area that could be used for catechism classes and as a hall for gatherings, a baptistry was added and a large cross was placed over the front entrance.

Thanks for sharing !

• janemissy
    janemissy

I wish this could be a "sign" for that they are downsizing on the congs.

However, my old KH was sold many years ago to a pentecostal church. Yhe witnesses simply builded a new one not very far from tho old.

Surely it was a bit strange with a cross outside the old hall, but there was no fuzz about it among the JW's.

I wonder thou, who got the money from the sale???

Jane

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Interesting...used by Babylon.

Quirky1

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

The society has tons of coverage when it goes the other way (Babylon's water drying up)... so why don't they fess up and come out with an Awake article on how many KHs are turning into Churches since JWs waters are drying up...

A@G

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Thanks for posting that!

What, with that and dropping a meeting? The Euphrates is certainly drying up. It raised a wry smile (no mean feat given that I'm having a grumpy day).

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Funny. Truth is, for as loudly as the Watchtower protests that Catholics are their fiercest enemy, they have quite a lot in common.

The Governing Body is just the Pope... in several men instead of one.

And... I guess I don't have to point out the abuse similarity. The difference there is that Catholics apologized for it and did something about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit