Prediction: the new looong weeknite meeting will be trimmed

by yadda yadda 2 6 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The new version weeknite meeting combining the CBS, the TMS and SM will be 1.45 hours long!

That's just wayyy too long. With the tendency for many talks to creep over time, it will be more like 2 hours of boring, prosaic, dry, dull, drivel on your bums on those cold, winter nights.

Those who used to slack off on attending the home book study will now slack off on attending the weeknite meeting.

So expect over the next year or two for this to be trimmed. They will start by dumping the No.2 talk on the TMS. There is simply nothing gained from listening to some snotty kid or reluctant teenager doing nothing more than reading the bible for 5 minutes. This talk is now an embarrassment and I predict will be canned before too long.

The new version weeknite meeting will also be shifted to a Wednesday nite in most cases.

• yknot
    yknot

yadda.....right on!

My prediction....

More and more JWkiddies will come in their pjs...

Many will find reasons to leave early or miss it entirely.

None of the changes announced as of yet will stop the loss of membership, they are just re-arranging the decks as the Titanic sinks.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

None of the changes announced as of yet will stop the loss of membership, they are just re-arranging the decks as the Titanic sinks.

Truer words were never spoken! I predict yadda's prediction will come true!

• oompa
    oompa

I thought this meeting was 2 hours long for most of my life. Wasn't it already reduced to 1.45? how long is it now?........oompa

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Oompah:

They're all too BLOODY long! Most of the elders were quite tired and had one eye shut for most of the Serve Us meeting as it was - maybe that's why they're going to have 3 songs - I guess the Catholics had it over the JW's - the more the flock gets up and down, the more awake they stay! Now, with getting up 3 times for the songs, no one will be able to have a decent nap!

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

LOL Serve Us!...

I agree. You will see a new witness emerge "The weekend warrior" they will be called. Strangely absent Tuesday night but present for Sunday and serve us. Eventually this will be considered acceptable. Perhaps encouraged. I also noticed an interesting thing at the circut ass. Lots of talk about "serve us" that had experinces about HLC and RBC stuff and very little experinces about door to door work.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    You will see a new witness emerge "The weekend warrior" they will be called

That's funny, better than being called a submarine.

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit