Praying for God to lower gas prices

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 8 Replies latest jw friends

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Hey, it worked for the Giants.... they won the SuperBowl, after all...

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=84883

• dinah
    dinah

funny........... in a sick kinda way.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

'Prayer at the Pump Movement" what will they think of next?

hope4others

• loosie
    loosie

yeah let me know if it works.

• zeroday
    zeroday

Let us pray:

"OH LORT please lower the price of gas so we can get by, thank you LORT"... "OH and LORT don't worry about Darfur...

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Over here at the moment they're just praying there will actually be some gas in the pumps!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7369287.stm

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Well, do you believe your prayer is responsible for the 1.69 gas prices now?

What..six months later?

It never fails to amaze me how selfish most people's "prayers" are. It's all about prospertiy and personal wants.

God as sugar daddy.

• oompa
    oompa
    hope for others: 'Prayer at the Pump Movement" what will they think of next?

well...i sometimes pray when i am pumpin....just want to finish at the right time...........oompa

• hmike
    hmike

Our area has seen what many of us consider rampant commercial and residential over-development, which was starting to bring the accompanying problems of overcrowding, traffic, and pollution. I didn't go so far as to pray against it, but I did hope it would slow or stop (our city council liked the tax revenue and prestige of bringing in "high end" businesses too much to stop it). Well, the bad economy has slowed it down considerably. Warehouses and distribution centers sit empty; people leave the area as they lose their houses. It's a fact that traffic volume is down as people don't drive to work and goods aren't being transported. Some businesses have closed (including some I liked having around). For myself, overall it's better, but others are hurting.

Lower gas prices may be good for the consumer, but this is just another sign of the slumping economy. The lesson is this: be careful about what you wish (or pray) for—you may not like what else you get in the process of bringing it about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit