BS Change

by Cynisister 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cynisister
    Cynisister

Hi Everyone! Just wanting some confirmation regarding this letter on eliminating the BS arrangement. If it is going to be read tomorrow Apr. 27th, I think I just may attend with my faithful hubby to hear it myself. I will appreciate knowing for sure.

Cynisister

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just another way to homogenize things. They did that with the Washtowel studies, making all comments stick with the lesson. They did that at the Theocraptic Misery "School(??)", and they took out the intermission commentaries from the #2 talks (which are now as often read from the Washtowel instead of the Bible). The Public Talks are not allowed to digress from the outline, and they are now very strict about that.

Now, I guess they had to go after the one remaining loose end. Shortening the book study allows them to control such left-field comments. It also prevents those fun nights after.

And I bet they are going to start making field circus on those former book study nights mandatory. If you are not out in field circus that evening, it counts as missing a boasting session and you will expect a call from Brother Hounder. That way, there will be no more excuses for going irregular or inactive.

• Cynisister
    Cynisister

Yes, I agree and theorize that they are also trying to hold on to the members by lightening up on the rigid schedule we've had forever. But is this announcement going to be read tomorrow, or another Sunday?

Thanks, Cynisister

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Cynisister,

According to the letter addressed to the PO, they can actually read it today (Saturday) if they have the watchtower study today otherwise it will be read on Sunday. Do you know anyone that has a mtg today? You can always go by the KH close to the end of the mtg just to hear the announcement.

• Cynisister
    Cynisister

Thanks so much. I can't attend today, but I'll shock my ever-loyal hubby when I tell him I will go to the meeting with him tomorrow.

I'll tell my story in another post when I have more time (I have an almost 60-year JW experience!)

Cynisister

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I think it'll be an excellent opportunity to "people-watch". I plan on asking a couple people before-hand what their favorite meeting is (expecting the Bookstudy answer), and get them to talk about the benefits of it. Then see how they react afterwards. I'm curious to see if they fall in line straight away.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

BS! You tricked me....I thought this was a thread about how people dish out b.s., (not bookstudy) well I guess you are technically right

it is all BS.

lol

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit