lost and confused

by bite me 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bite me
    bite me

reading all the threads about ideas of this weekend announcement = the big announcement! so is it true its only going to be about not doing Private home book Studying ? l wonder how many are going to accept it because they (the wt) Says so or will there be a lot of People asking why.7 How many Jw's know what The announcement is going to be 7 We live in a Country where we Can have Bible Study's With anyone who Wants. Telling Sw 's that they can no longer do that Will not only be taking that freedom away but placing more Countrol. I know that has already been said here but its on my mind more so now . im worried for my friends and family more now too because I think they will begin not to think for themselves and just take information without their own research to see if it is correct. I think im even more confused now then ever before. it doesn't bother me that they all believe a certain way but it hurts a lot to see that the teachings that they believing do not always line up with what the bible teaches us. I've seen so many people at the halls who apear to be like robots. the looks on the audience faces are very similar nodding at the very percise moment. I feel that im in a foreign country. what is going through these once innocent minds. even the children are trainee to answer in a robot fasion. I think the canceling of the home study would be the most damaging thing that the society could do to its people. this is probably the only time that they can think without the influence and fear of what others will think of them. someone get my mind on something else please ...

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I believe the announcement is supposedly about elimination of the 'Book Study arrangement' - not private study within Jw's homes per se.

The Book Study is a formal meeting, typically held in a home setting instead of the Kingdom Hall. They will still have the meeting it seems, only combined with two other meetings, and all of them at the Kingdom Hall. Private studies, held with others for the purpose of converting them to the religion will continue. As will personal study - the Jw definition of getting a highlighter and marking down the drone-like answers that are expected during the Q&A sessions at the KH.

Jeff

• bite me
    bite me

so the book study yet not the book study will be illiminated? am I getting this correctly.. the formal book study will go bye bye but the recruiting home studies will stay?

• Honesty
    Honesty

The Congregation Book Study will be held on the same night as the Minstry School and Service meeting.

It will be a condensed Book Study just like when the CO visits.

Questions asked and answered.

No paragraphs read.

That way, the dubs who don't study beforehand get a thorough indoctrination session with only the 'correct' answers vividly imprinted on their brain chips.

The easiest way to pass a hard electronics test is to get a Study Guide with the Question Pool and only the Correct answer displayed.

That way when you take the test you only see the Correct Answer.

Works well in a high control environment, too. The JW's will only hear the 'correct Answer' at the Book study and it will stick with them better than having a discussion like what currently takes place in the comfort of a private home during the Book study.

Why do you think all DF'd and recently re-instated ones are assigned to the kingdumb hell for the Book Study?

There is virtually hardly any discussion, just a reading of the paragraph and 'correct answers' given. I used to conduct the Book Study at my old kingdom hall in Knoxville and wouldn't allow too much discussion. It was unhealthy spekuuulashion.

BTW, I am about to take the hardest Electronic theory Test administered by the Feds so I looked around the Net Thang and found a Study guide with the Question Pool and only the Correct answer displayed. It came with a money back guarantee that if I fail the test the company will refund my money plus shipping costs.

• monophonic
    monophonic

omg! you bring up a great point.

i can see the wtbts moving towards getting bible studies for potential members out of privacy and into an arrangement where they'd be monitored a bit....like tuesday nights at the kingdom hall, kind of like study hall in school w/ a elder moderator to come in on any questions that the jw can't answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit