Changes? The Explanation You May Overlook

by metatron 3 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

It's not that hard: 98% of Watchtower changes are because of Money and the threat of legal liability. Holding meetings in

private homes brings up all sorts of negative legal opportunities against their interests.

Yet, even with this well established fact, there could be a second factor emerging:

anomie!

Take a look at the astounding changes that can happen to fanatical groups of people when they individually 'run out of

steam - and keep their mouths shut about it. How is it possible that a short little man said "To become rich is glorious"

and destroyed decades of fanatical Communist rule? How did apartheid fall apart? People quietly lose faith but retain

its outward appearance!

You could have GB members and others who have silently lost their faith in this idiocy but lack the conviction of a Ray

Franz and want to hold on to their positions. Get rid of stupid meetings but pay lip service to the "faithful slave' concept.

My second wonderment here is : what are they afraid of? I would guess that a couple billion in real estate assets

doesn't mean much when you consider just how much legal liability they could get pounded with. They also must agonize

over the C.O. arrangement, given that it is a direct legal link to the congregations and drains money - but these greedy

old men can't let go of their power.

They will reap what they have sown.Bring it on.

metatron

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

You could have GB members and others who have silently lost their faith in this idiocy but lack the conviction of a Ray

Franz and want to hold on to their positions.

Essentially agree. As the years go by, more and more senior people in the organisation, right up to the GB, are no doubt experiencing more doubts about more teachings! It's simply the natural human reaction to so much time passing and so many failed expectations and increasingly bad publicity. Some of the GB even in Ray Franz's time had doubts about the 1914 chronology and that has to obviously be even truer even now, and concerning even more creeds.

• yknot
    yknot

Those higher up on the WTS food chain who are either on the payroll or enjoying maximum benefits of 'position' it is all about the 3 E's- Ease, Ego, Entitlement.

God Bless Ray Franz.

• metatron
    metatron

If you carefully examine what Ray revealed about Governing Body deliberations, a subtle lack of faith and cynicism

emerges amidst their private comments. Brother Jackson made a flippant comment about the validity of their chronology.

Others took doctrines like 1914 and freely discussed abandoning them.

All you might need is a quiet collapse of confidence (i.e. faith) to shift things.

I will admit to a certain puzzlement about college and their opposition to it. Maybe it's just Jaracz dominating the Service

Dept. and he gets away with it.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit